Cannot crouch at all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot crouch at all!

Weird one this, I recently did a clean install of my pc and now when I play BF2 I cannot crouch, I normally use 'C' to crouch but I cannot crouch using default settings. I don't use crouch much but I'd like the option for when I'm behind crates/barrels. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

*I've reinstalled BF2 twice, fully patched still no joy.

Re: Cannot crouch at all!

Try pressing the restore to default key , and if not try it with different keys on your keyboard it might be your ctrl key is messed up

Comment

Tried all that mate, tried the top line q-p bottom line z-m and every number pad button. How's this for doubly weird, just reinstalled 2142 and I cannot crouch on there either, and when I exit a vehicle or fixed gun my weapon automatically changes. No big deal with 2142 as I don't play the POS but its weird that I can't crouch on there. I'm gonna give 1942 a blast see if I get the same thing.

Nearly hair pulling out time...

Comment

I used to have that problem as well before one of the patches fixed it

I had to go into the settings file and manually assign a key to crouch as for some reason the key assigned through the menu interface wouldn't work

Comment

I see, i'll have a go at rooting through the files then. Interestingly, we have the same kb....

Thanks

Comment

I am stillhaving the same problem, could someone post up the con. file where the crouch setting should be. I've gone through all of mine and cannot find "crouch" in any of them.

Its now been 4 re-installs....

Comment

are you sure that the key on the keyboard just isnt working?

Comment

Yep, tried it on 2 G15's and one microsoft kb. It now works on 2142 and every other game. The key isn't even in the con files nor can I find "crouch" The only mention of crouch is in the setup panel.

Comment

Working...
                X