Does the ~ button display proper FPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the ~ button display proper FPS?

In game when you press ~ and type renderer.drawfps 1 and it displays the FPS is this amount an approximate value, or the true FPS?

Just wondering as I tossed in my new 8800 GTS and got a few fps less then expected.....says I'm getting (avg) 80-70 fps and it drops to 40ish sometimes...but then I can play fear and average (maxed out) 98 fps with 247 highest fps and 45-55 is as my lowest less than 5% of the time.....

1280x 1025 everything maxed

thanks

Re: Does the ~ button display proper FPS?

rest of comps specs

Comment

That numbers show your current in-game FPS.
      When I play, I have normally about 24-33 fps, but when for example I throw smoke grenade it fps slows down to 15. ATI 9600pro with 10% overclock. 8800GTS hmmm, a great one!!

Comment

2x64 AMD 4600+

8800 GTS 576MHZ 320MB 1.7GHZ (windows XP sp2)

600w OCZ game extreme PSU

2 gigs ram

250+320g hard drives

And for absolutely everything else in my comp (I listed what I thought to be valid):

Comment

there must be some fault somewhere, i have similar card, mine is an XFX one with 640MB on it, and i can run BF2 @ 1280x1024 with 272 fps constantly.

What drivers are you using? What sound drivers have u got?

have you defragged your HDD? Have you scanned your pc for adware,viruses, malware?

i assume that all other games play fine?

How many processes are running with windows, press ctrl-alt & del then click the processes tab & tell us how many u have in there. I rekon that your using far too much memory in windows alone.

Comment

Computer has been scanned, defragged HD not too long ago...

Task manager shows (with internet open) I am using 395mb, 0-4% of CPU with 46 process running....I can screen shot them as i was wondering about that before and which ones I can disable for good....

I am using the driver that came with the cd.

does the 60-75hz (after display change much in fps wise?)

I get more fps on fear on maxed out settings then I do on BF2........(graphics max, and comp med)

Comment

i think you should just clean up some files on your C:// cous i used to have ping in the 100's now i did some cleanup andmy ping is ALWAYS 33
              eh!

Comment

I am using 93.3 gig and I have 198 gigs left on C drive...not even half full!

I will check out if any new driver are out for my card

Comment

Dude, I have the same issue. I maxed F.E.A.R. @ 1600x1200 and get a solid 60FPS. On BF2 maxed at 1600x1200 I get drops down to 30s. My ping is always 30-75 on the two servers I can play on here in Korea. I don't understand. BF2 and Oblivion are the only two games that give me issues like this. Of course, they happen to be my two favorite games...

Comment

i get 120 in planes and like 40's in infrintary

Comment

Originally posted by jimtool655321
                      Dude, I have the same issue. I maxed F.E.A.R. @ 1600x1200 and get a solid 60FPS. On BF2 maxed at 1600x1200 I get drops down to 30s. My ping is always 30-75 on the two servers I can play on here in Korea. I don't understand. BF2 and Oblivion are the only two games that give me issues like this. Of course, they happen to be my two favorite games...
                      Sweet ur korean?

Comment

Render.draw is accurate. I've tested with two other third party framerate counters and it's nearly identical.

You can't really compare BF2 to other games. It's apples and oranges, and BF2 is a rotten apple at that. It's simply not very well optimized and can vary in frame rate greatly.

For comparison purposes , my specs are below and I play @ 1600x1200 with Application controlled 2xAA and all settings maxed except my sound which I put on HIGH and not UltraHigh. I get an average of 70fps, with my lowest dips in the 50's. Lower during arty attacks but I don't count those.

I would think you should be getting better performance Saffron.

How much crap do you have running in the background?

Also your mobo is a workstation board. A quick google search showed lots of problems with the mobo drivers and problems with bridge functions , you might want to check into that.

Comment

Task manager shows (with internet open) I am using 395mb, 0-4% of CPU with 46 process running....I can screen shot them as i was wondering about that before and which ones I can disable for good....No open programs when I play, Norton is on but everything is turned off.

I tried doing an HP update for the driver but it says my system doesn't meet the minimum system requirements.....

Comment

Originally posted by *DEAD*
                            Sweet ur korean?
                            No, I'm an American soldier stationed in Korea.

disfigured: I know that BF2 is not F.E.A.R. I know that it is SOMEWHAT apples to oranges. I also know that the BF2 engine isn't optimised worth a crap. What I don't get is why my system is getting worse performance than people with older systems that have older GPUs. This 8800GTS 640MB should not struggle with BF2 of all games.

Comment

Working...
                            X