Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone had a problem with rubber bullets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone had a problem with rubber bullets?

so today it is realy bad unloaded a clip and a half and used my pistol and it registered 1 hit i was 10 feet away whats the problem with this?

Re: anyone had a problem with rubber bullets?

I know everyone's probably going to say this, but 'Welcome to BF2.'

Something about a random cone of fire or something...

Comment

No it's the bad netcode.. everyone has to deal with it..

For all of the times where your shots don't register, you will pull amazing "wtf shots" that even you will think, "how the hell did I just do that.." so really it doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by R.M.S.1.3
        I know everyone's probably going to say this, but 'Welcome to BF2.'

Something about a random cone of fire or something...
        YOUR the one that needs to be welcome to bf2, not knowing what cone of fire is...

cone of fire was put into place, to make the game easier for babies, and now, the game is a nerf feast. Still the nerfing is nowhere near BF2142.

Comment

did he just say 2142>bf2

here comes the battle of the E-penises

anyway welcome to bf2

Comment

Happens all the time to me.

If it happens too much in a particular server, I avoid it. All of the servers in my favorite list are fine.

I think that there are just some servers out there that hate my connection.

Comment

it was in a server i normaly don't go to but it was bad i had 2 kills the entire game and should have had 20+ kills i unload on a guy with a shotty as he runs up and puts one in my face and i didn't hit him once. my mouse was across the room by the middle of the game i was so pissed

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd
                did he just say 2142>bf2
                No.. I said BF2142 is even more of a nerf feast that BF2 was.

Comment

I believe cone of fire was put in place to take the emphasis away from individual learning curves, so the winning team would have to use all the other things available in the game to win a round.

Of course some people's egos couldn't tolerate the fact that their time and effort put into the game wouldn't result in more and more dominance. The playing field levels very quickly and it does so for a reason.

Instead of accepting that the BF series wasn't like other twitchy shooters of the past, and embracing it for what it was, they continued to try and try and drive a square peg into a round hole.

They leap, and hop, create macros and other wise massacre any animation or character movement that will give them even the slightest edge. Play small maps, cry for a revamping of the engine, whine till the get a no vehicle mode of play. Hoping , forever hoping that someday they will get the recognition they deserve, for being the "BIG MAN ON CAMPUS".

An entire new mode of play had to be designed for them like a playpen for toddlers. They're probably still not happy.

You know, the traditional way of resolving issues with a game engine is to.........

PLAY A DIFFERENT FAQING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BAGGEDMAZDA
                    so today it is realy bad unloaded a clip and a half and used my pistol and it registered 1 hit i was 10 feet away whats the problem with this?
                    It's Battlefield 2 - the weapons have never done a great amount of damage. Even with the submachine guns, etc. you get in the Anti-Tank kits, you can unload an entire clip on someone up close and sometimes have them get away from you. The accuracy of the weapons is also horrific. You can unload on someone that's standing about 10-15 feet away from you with the AK and it will scatter all around them as if you were swinging the gun to and fro.

It's simply the way the game works - it's tough to kill people sometimes, but I guess the bright side is that it's difficult for the enemy to kill you as well. I myself hate the way the weapons work in this game (the pistols are about like pea shooters .. IF that), but I still play anyways.

Comment

Actually disfigured. There are probably 2 reasons why COF are in place.

ONE- to make the firefights last longer, and make them possibly more "epic".
                      TWO- to hide the fvcking HORRIBLE hit registration and netcode

DICE didnt program mercy into BF2, they just programmed a coverup for their bad work.

Comment

Also, some of the pistols actually have the graphic of the gun off-center. So, if you line up via the gun sights, the bullet hits above right by about 5-10 pixels.

I was killed one time by a shotty at ~20ft, and I only saw one 'blast' and I was dead. I asked the guy how many times he fired before I died, and he said 3. The netcode is bad that way, especially if your ping is >100ms.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                          DICE didnt program mercy into BF2, they just programmed a coverup for their bad work.
                          very tru

Comment

What is your PING?

Comment

Working...
                            X