No announcement yet.

This mod has kept me from buying Arma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This mod has kept me from buying Arma!

Seriously, I'm not sure I'll even bother with Arma as I'm really having too much fun in this mod and it's not even finished.

The best bit is I only have one server to choose from and it's only a 32 man called bigdy down here in Australia.

I do hope they up it to a 50 man as I feel it's the perfect size. My only complaint in this mod is that some maps are a little too large which bogs down the rapid action in the game.

That's my only real complaint.

Thanks boys.

Re: This mod has kept me from buying Arma!

on large maps try to use things like APCs to get more into the combat, and you need to get use to large maps fast cos theres more comming

you just need to get use to how large maps play first then you really love them, much like PR

Comment

eh i felt arma was rough cut, not polished like bf2 is( even though bf2 has soo many issues) the best military simulation is airsoft, the real gear, realistic weapon, no bunny hopping, lag, just u, the gun, and 60 lbs of gear. but id say project reality is better then arma. just because arma is confusing like hell. and i feel like a snail in there, when i can run sooo much faster on un even ground with my combat gear on. doi. well any how. both are fun. just wish arma polished its gfx a lil.

Comment

Arma sucks....

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty
          Arma sucks....
          Word. Its messed.

Comment

lol i remember when i was playing PR like 2 weeks ago some guy said out of the blue: to much recoil
            me and some other guy said: have you ever fired a real gun before? (i have)
            he responded with: lol
            he then said arma doesnt even have this much recoil
            well guess what arma is teh suk cause it don hav teh 1337 devs leik PR does
            he is probably one of those spawn camp n00bs on the original .vbf2

gz if your a spawn camper and u play PR u wont be able to spawn campz tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk

ps the anti base rape is 1337

Comment

Well, things are going to get a bit more technical with PR so for those scared off ArmA because it's difficult to grasp, you might have some second thoughts!

But at least the additional technically difficult stuff will be 'additional' in PR, it's not going to leave you not knowing where your squadmates are or lacking a decent communications system.

Working within the basic core engine of BF2 has been difficult for the Devs, but with the exterior python programmed hacks to change and add to the gameplay PR has become something closer and closer towards what should be a realistic game, with real world physics where possible (scaled to the game) interesting statics, objects and troops and maybe even some surprises for future builds that will envigorate the community once more and leave the vanilla communities gasping for more information when screenshots and videos are put under their noses.

Pc gaming is all about the multiplayer online voip enabled gaming that isn't quite what the console gaming market has to show us yet. Social event or just good gaming, PR is developing into something that will be played for a time to come even through the attraction of PS3 and Xbox360 gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by '[R-PUB
                even through the attraction of PS3 and Xbox360 gaming.
                I wouldnt touch either the ps3 or xbox360. The base unit ps3 in the UK is roughly £100 more expensive than the USA :thatsbad: while the xbox 360 is roughly the same price in the UK & USA. An well the xbox360 is made by micro****e so i wouldn't touch that one with a barge pole either. Its a shame really as ive had at least one of ever console going per generation since the eighties (atari was my first).

PC's+PR, For the win imo :guns:

Comment

One thing mod-wise tho , arma seems to have a good editor as im seeing a lot of public imports on the Tarma site . It did look nice but it was to complicated for its own good and not that advanced..

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty
                    One thing mod-wise tho , arma seems to have a good editor as im seeing a lot of public imports on the Tarma site . It did look nice but it was to complicated for its own good and not that advanced..
                    Yeah I know what you mean the editor system was really simple but the game was really complicated.

Comment

Well it was meant to be a full on realistic mil sim so uncomplicated isn't super realistic.

Comment

It was trying to be a America's army killer but it died trying

Comment

The kick out of the M-16 and all it's varients is minimal. It feels just like shooting target rifle .22's.

I've fired both a WW2 Lee Enfield converted to .22 for Royal Canadian Air Cadet use as well as the Anchutz .22 target rifle.

After Cadets I joined the reserves where I fired the C-7 which is the Canuck version of the M-16 made by Diemco of Canada as apposed to Colt. The recoil was so similar I was shocked as ****.

The C-9 also doesn't kick too much but the C-6, 7.62 bounces about a bit.

EDIT// Diemco is now Colt Canada

Comment

Originally posted by SPARTAN117GW
                            eh i felt arma was rough cut, not polished like bf2 is( even though bf2 has soo many issues) the best military simulation is airsoft, the real gear, realistic weapon, no bunny hopping, lag, just u, the gun, and 60 lbs of gear. but id say project reality is better then arma. just because arma is confusing like hell. and i feel like a snail in there, when i can run sooo much faster on un even ground with my combat gear on. doi. well any how. both are fun. just wish arma polished its gfx a lil.
                            Try his mod, certain things are better then PR. But the health bar is still there, he might remove it...isn't that what you said? I don't remember.

Comment

Working...
                            X