Funny thing about the Sharpshooter Infantry Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny thing about the Sharpshooter Infantry Medal

A medal I've been playing to get... The last piece in the puzzle is the Expert Anti-Tank (56 more hours to go).

Sharpshooter Infantry Medal

Awarded to individuals who have excelled in every action expected of the infantry in a combat situation

Requirements:

* 400h total time played
    * Marksman Infantry Medal
    * Expert Knife Combat Badge
    * Expert Pistol Combat Badge
    * Expert Assault Combat Badge
    * Expert Anti-tank Combat Badge
    * Expert Sniper Combat Badge
    * Expert Spec Ops Combat Badge
    * Expert Support Combat Badge
    * Expert Engineer Combat Badge
    * Expert Medic Combat Badge

But isn't it strange to require 400 play hours since you need all the expert badges and those alone require 100 each (meaning at least 700 total)?

Re: Funny thing about the Sharpshooter Infantry Medal

Im finally doing that badge now actually.
    Im like 2 hours away in Medic, I put my self behind clocking 2 or 3 hundred hours alone in other classes.

It is odd req. tho. didnt even notice it till now :hmm:

Comment

Yes... it's been discussed before...
      I think they just took the Basic, Veteran, and Expert on a "scale" in terms of hours required, paying no attention to the fact that the other requirements mean more time.

Or they knew that noobs would complain about an award that "required 700 hours of play" when in reality it does...

I dunno... maybe it stops cheaters... somehow?

Comment

ya i noticed that a while ago, anyone seen the north amercan service ribbon? i check my BF2s and it says i have all requirments....but i dont have it??

Comment

Originally posted by turkeybaggins
          ya i noticed that a while ago, anyone seen the north amercan service ribbon? i check my BF2s and it says i have all requirments....but i dont have it??
          lol... that's because BF2s requirements page is wrong. Try formitron or some other more reliable stat viewing website. http://formitron.com/Stats.aspx?pid=59678984 You need the 25hrs total playing AF maps and 1s in each of them to get it. So, keep playing for 23 more hrs!

Back on topic....
          Yes, it's retarded how the Medal requires 400 hrs, but in reality it takes a min of 700. I know this is one Medal I'll never get.

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan
            lol... that's because BF2s requirements page is wrong. Try formitron or some other more reliable stat viewing website. http://formitron.com/Stats.aspx?pid=59678984 You need the 25hrs total playing AF maps and 1s in each of them to get it. So, keep playing for 23 more hrs!
            arrrghhh sux! thanks fella, reckon i wont be doing 23 hours on Armoured Furry Ball Bags :/

Comment

Used to be way different when we started this game ...

Comment

I remember those days! I started playing in July of 2005. I was playing Halo PC before that. Halo was my first real on line FPS. Now, looking back at Halo, it seems funny because BF2 and Halo are no where near the same. Halo was mainly for preteens and BF2, well you know.

As I remember we all used to die alot when this game first came out so the kill requirements werent that bad. All you had to do was hope that everyone else died more than you. Yep, those were the good ol' days. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Holy **** 1,000 Hours!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon
                    Holy **** 1,000 Hours!!!!!!!
                    Apparently I didnt check the numbers myself but instead made this screenie from another forum where this same topic came up.

Comment

Speaking of which, I got this medal today

Comment

Dout anyone has 1000 hours on one kit and acctualy got the badge back then

Comment

That has to be the DUMBEST thing Ive ever seen in my life. 1,000 hours required to get expert badges?!?!?!?! Seriousely....what were they thinking?! That would meen that nobody in the world could get more than 1 or 2 expert badges, unless they were the absolute nerdiest/lonliest human beings on the face of the earth, and they had absolutely no lives outside of their computer world.

Comment

woohoo...finally! no more playing Medic!! No more badges to care about!!

LOl check out the crazy server rules in the corner..no nades, c4 or smoke till end of round..odd I just noticed it now

Comment

daaaaaamn nice one peoplekillingmachine

Comment

Working...
                              X