Jet always wants to turn left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet always wants to turn left?

Lately I have been having issues with my helicopter and jet constantly turning in a given direction. I decided to rebind all of my keys/joystick settings from scratch. After doing so, everything is working smooth except every time I get in a jet and it starts to move forward, it will also automatically turn to the left.

I thought it might be my joystick, but after unplugging it and trying with the mouse/keyboard, it does the same thing. Any thoughts?

Re: Jet always wants to turn left?

Let me guess, you have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick?

Comment

No, I have the Logitech Freedom Cordless with about 80 hours of use...

Comment

recalibrate the joystick?

Comment

Yes, a few times. It seems fine, but when I go back and check it in the properties, it acts all screwy. i will barely twist the handle and it goes all the way to the right. The X axis tends to point towards the left. I think I may have abused it when I learned to fly. Maybe it's time for a new one?

Comment

I've only seen this happen to people with Logitech sticks. It happened to me with my Extreme 3d Pro. I ripped the stick off the base and bought a Saitek. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Logitech mice. I just didn't have a good experience with my flightstick.

Comment

Remove the logitech Drivers and use the Windows bult in driver - then use DXTweak2, to recalibrate your Logitech stick.

Look care fully at where the center point is for all controles and axis. Once you got that done save it.

Now go and set a Dead Zone area ( I use 5%).

Voila after close to a year I now have a fine and responding Logitech 3 D Pro.

Only problem - the DEAD ZONe settings will NOT remain if you close windows or rebott your PC - hence you have to enter your Dead zone again, but remainders of setings will stick( pun intended)!

Had me going nuts for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGG time this problem - no more . Since I rarely close or reboot my PC dead zone issue is a small annoyance having to reset it - but that is a MS DX problem not a DX Tweak issue.

Now plane when not touchng the stick takes off straight and remains straight - dead zone setting allows for easier flying which forgives / eliminates jerkiness.

Resetting center point on the Truster axis has allowed me to finally gain access to reverse trusters - which for monthts I could not get working with Logitech drivers.

Bottom line - **** can logitech driver and use Windows DX directly.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindBat
                Remove the logitech Drivers and use the Windows bult in driver - then use DXTweak2, to recalibrate your Logitech stick.

Look care fully at where the center point is for all controles and axis. Once you got that done save it.

Now go and set a Dead Zone area ( I use 5%).

Voila after close to a year I now have a fine and responding Logitech 3 D Pro.

Only problem - the DEAD ZONe settings will NOT remain if you close windows or rebott your PC - hence you have to enter your Dead zone again, but remainders of setings will stick( pun intended)!

Had me going nuts for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGG time this problem - no more . Since I rarely close or reboot my PC dead zone issue is a small annoyance having to reset it - but that is a MS DX problem not a DX Tweak issue.

Now plane when not touchng the stick takes off straight and remains straight - dead zone setting allows for easier flying which forgives / eliminates jerkiness.

Resetting center point on the Truster axis has allowed me to finally gain access to reverse trusters - which for monthts I could not get working with Logitech drivers.

Bottom line - **** can logitech driver and use Windows DX directly.
                Thanks for this seemed to do the trick for the most part. I can actually fly a jet with out having to constantly correct it. But I do have a few quirks that remain.

1. The plane will slowly roll to the right even after letting go of the joystick. This isn't that big of a deal since I am not an "ace" pilot.

2. It takes twice as long to roll to the right as it does to the left. Now this is a problem as it will slow down evasive maneuvers even for a pilot with my so-called skill.

3. The stick also "clunks" when you move it to the extremes of certain axis. Since I have never used one in the past, is this common?

4. Does a cordless joystick make much of a difference compared to a wired one in BF 2? I got a cordless so I can move the stick out of the way quickly when I needed to. But if it will effect performance to a noticeable degree, I can always buy a new one.

Number 2 is what will motivate me to get a new stick if I can't fix it. That will definately mess me up while flying. Any feedback is appreciated.

Comment

1. Should not happen
                  2. Should not happen
                  3. If clunk is like a hardware clunking - should not happen - if stick is less then 1 year - return under warranty.

4. Not 100% sure but in theory should not be a problem.

To solve 1 and 2 = recalibrate ie: might have to change the numbers in terms of waypoint for example on the Y and X axis way point should be :

Minimun 0

Center 512

Max 1023

Dead zone 5%
                  ----------

Slider and Z axis (Z if you have a twist handle only):

Min 0

Center 128

Max 255

Deadzone ( 0 or 5% up to you - suggest 5% at least on Z axis)

------------------

Comment

have you got any sliders on the bottom of your stick 2 of them ? yes ?> bingo mess around with that no?> your stuffed

Comment

I'll see what I can do, my friends dad works for logitech.Give me a day or so...I'll have something tomorrow I assure you

Hold on to your Joy till then :P

Comment

Working...
                      X