Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALL Server Admins, I Need Your Help!! (And others too who knows stuff!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL Server Admins, I Need Your Help!! (And others too who knows stuff!)

Hi Guys!!!

Listen, i need a gallup fast!!!!

This is fast and simple, and your statements are REALLY valuable to us.

Background story as short as possible and the needed facts:

Well as some of you know our server is quite new. Cause it had no fame in the beginning we only had games when some of our members joined. Directly after that naturally some people joined and the game was on.
    K, we only played a couple of rounds the days we had this situation so we almost never had this problem.
    The problem is that the server crashes. It happend back then a couple a times as written before, but we just thought that: OK, a couple of times in the month, big deal...

But now we have games daily, we don´t even participate in all the games but we have noticed that it happens very often.
    Sometimes a whole day can go on without a single crash but somedays it happens 1 time and other days up to 3 times a day. (if even more, I don´t know!)

Off course this **** pisses us off, we have been wrongly accused of restarting the server in the middle of the game cause it happens too often, but if it happens only once a day nobody makes a deal about the whole thing. (Off course if it is in the end of the round and people lose points >100 or so...)

I have talked to the server hosters about the problem a couple of days ago when i asked them to activate our battle recorder.

The Server Host told me that he had checked it quickly and saw no problems in it, even he wasn´t sure if it was a Software/Hardware failure. I told him that I will keep an eye on the situation and report statistics about it if it contines!

Now just a couple of minutes ago Horst_Allesgut called me and said that the server did it again, so I decided to turn myself to YOU before we take some actions.

Our server is BF2 1.41 Vanilla only Pelikaista - Furious Finns 195.12.56.187:16567

So here are my questions:

1. How often does your server crash???

2. If you have had similar problems, what did you do??

3. What do YOU think that I should do???

Thank you in advance!!!!

Best regards,
    Uber

Re: ALL Server Admins, I Need Your Help!! (And others too who knows stuff!)

You should take the battle recorder off its lagging the server hard. Does your server have VOIP enabled or not?

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
      You should take the battle recorder off its lagging the server hard. Does your server have VOIP enabled or not?

Our host has a different server for the recorder and we didn´t have the recorder when the problem started.

Yes We have VOIP enabled. If it helps you at all the server has a 100MB line
      and it is a small server, only 16 slots.

Comment

my server has been up 3 weeks and not 1 crash m8....maybe state who your host is and see if anyone else has a prob with them...

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperUK
          my server has been up 3 weeks and not 1 crash m8....maybe state who your host is and see if anyone else has a prob with them...
          Yeah, sounds like the best option...

Will do that!

Thanks m8

Comment

Working...
          X