NOTHING Works!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOTHING Works!!!

Ha, it's been a while since I've been here, or played BF2 for that matter!

Anyway, I got a laptop for X-mas and recently upgraded to Vista. Today I decided to play BF2 and when I put in the disc, it asked me to install the game. I ignored it and tried to launch the game. It came up with the little BF2 logo thing that ops up before launch but after that the game just stopped. I thought to myself "oh, I guess the game got screwed up when I upgraded, I'll just reinstall it." Upon inserting the disc, the autolaunch menu pops up and I click "install". It does the little "Windows is preparing your installation" and when it reaches 100% the installer promptly stops working. I figured it must be that the game is already installed and it won't install because it's already there so decided to uninstall then reinstall. I begin the uninstall process and the same thing happens as the install process, it prepares my download then just disappears. What the hell is going on?

Re: NOTHING Works!!!

did u install the game after getting vista? or did u just copy the game files over. that wont work. just try doing a manual uninstall

Comment

Ok wait, I reinstalled the game but now that I did the game is doing the same thing when i try and start it up. The install option won't appear on the autolauncher and the uninstaller will run, however, the game still doesn't.

Comment

Try following these steps:
        1. Uninstall the game (yes, again)
        2. Navigate to your C:/Program Files/EA Games folder and delete the "Battlefield 2" folder
        3. Clear your registry of all "Battlefield 2" entries
        4. Insert your Battlefield 2 CD/DVD
        5. Go to My Computer, Right-click on your CD/DVD drive, click EXPLORE, and run SETUP.EXE to install the game manually from the CD/DVD instead of using the autorun menu

Then try running the game.

Hope you get it to work.

Comment

Working...
        X