Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do I stop playing?

Originally posted by *DEAD*
    I know but like AH1z is like dead isn't it?
    not really, we still play

Comment

Originally posted by [AH1z]Predrag
      not really, we still play
      lol PFG ignores me now since like I was like on vent dood stop cussing and he wont talk to me on vent. Annoying as hell.

Comment

lol PFG ignores me now since like I was like on vent dood stop cussing and he wont talk to me on vent. Annoying as hell.
        yea lol pfg is cool tho

Comment

Just deal dial up....then u will know what word lag means, and will end up quitting all games fast! :P

or just spam one kit for a while...that will make you bored also.

Comment

As long as you play with your buddies I think it's ok to play all day. Later in life you can always hook up with your bf2 buddies and be part of a circle of friends. I wish I could play 9 hours a day.

Comment

Well I love playing battlefield 2. Well I find my self playing 9 hours straight without even noticing time passing by. For example wake up at 9-10 am and play until 10-12 pm. I think I am a REAL bad addict. Someone help? I actually have a life going to school,having friends but these days I will rather play games instead of enjoying life. Please help!

And please serious anwsers please.
              Like World of Warcraft, just uninstall it, cancel the subscription (if any), break the discs, and chuck all in the garbage. That is the only way to break the playing habit.

Also, it may not be the game you are addicted to, but the escape from real-life problems that you are not wanting to face. Playing games can be an escape from responsibilities, etc.

Or sometimes games can just be way too much fun, and are simply more fun than what's currently going on in your life...

Only you can figure out why you are wasting so much time playing games.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                Like World of Warcraft, just uninstall it, cancel the subscription (if any), break the discs, and chuck all in the garbage. That is the only way to break the playing habit.

Also, it may not be the game you are addicted to, but the escape from real-life problems that you are not wanting to face. Playing games can be an escape from responsibilities, etc.

Or sometimes games can just be way too much fun, and are simply more fun than what's currently going on in your life...

I think that hit on an excellent point. Sometimes it IS an escape from things we wouldnt rather be doing. You just have to discover if thats the reason you play so much.

Comment

I play it only on fri-sat and sometimes sun.

Comment

a bf2 patch on your arm....

see i unistalled it and lost my cd key so i really cant play

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty

I did that with WoW, I was going to completely mess up my life (4-5 hours per day) and mess up my upcoming GCSEs.

Comment

Well Chuck Ur Pc Outta Ya House Simple!

Comment

kill yourself? that worked for me

Comment

When you first start playing it's absolute blast so you'll over do it.

With time you'll (hopefully) learn about the greater aspects of the game. Which are IMO, playing with a set of regular guys in a well coordinated squad. Even when you lose you get more done and it's more fun.

Once you start playing like that, just jumping in a server and doing stuff alone will seem boring and pointless.

Unless your a badge and point getter, which I don't understand that mindset so I can't help you with that. Other then to think of it as a carrot on a stick. Each badge, ribbon or award that you get it just an arbitrary number some programmer picked off the top of his head. Your essentially just jumping through hoops for the sake of doing it, and nothing else. If there was a badge for parachute times would you hitch rides in aircraft and climb tall building and bail out over and over again? Probably not. But it's essentially the same for other badges. Oh sure they're offense so they do help the team more, but if you play for a win, and do what ever it takes at that particular moment, you most likely will be helping the team more.

Forget points, rank, and unlocks and play for a win. Soon you'll be more concerned with the bigger picture of what's going on in the round. Then you'll want organization and coordination. You'll begin to care less about your amount of kills, and more about the one stupid mistake your team made tactically that lost you them the round.

When you begin to see the pointlessness of just going for points (pardon the pun), you'll play less. You'll want to hook up with a good squad, and when there's none you simply won't, causing you to play less.

Essentially your standards for what a good round of BF2 will become higher and more refined. Just jumping in a server and flopping around all over the place won't cut it. Or playing alone or with strangers in a squad won't be good enough to call fun anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X