joystick control problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joystick control problems

Well i dug up a joystick in my basement, decided to set it up for airplanes in bf2. Its a logitech wingman extreme, usb, plug and play. I plugged it in, verified it's working correctly through control panel -> game controllers. In bf2, i tried to set "pitch nose down" to axis 0, which is pointing the joystick foward, but nothing happened. The box would reset back to empty. Sometimes, i would get an error message saying "Duplicate key found in controls" when evidently I didn't set any other control to my joystick axis. So, can anyone out there help me get my joystick working properly? Thanks.

Re: joystick control problems

I don't have any idea.

Try downloading DX2Tweak, and see if the axis even works. That will show you as you move the joystick around whether or not anything is registering.

Aside from that, it allows you to calibrate the joystick to your feel. There's no calibration in BF2 control options (stupidest.thing.ever.)

Comment

I have the same joystick and sameissue. I want to fly, and can't do very well with mouse and keyboard.

So help would be so cool !

Comment

I know, this happens to me aswell!

What you need to do, is delete all the keys that your joystick uses, apart from the buttons. So delete, Accelerate and Decelerate (Providing you have throttle control), Pitch foward & Backwards and the Rudders. NOW!!

Set Pitch Down by doing ..well..Pitch down lol. It automatically should set Pitch Up.

Then set all the other keys.

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
        X