Quick question, more of a poll actually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question, more of a poll actually

We recently moved our ranked BF2 server and now we get the fun of repopulating it. I've been tinkering with the idea of just running 16 player maps, which actually right now, that's whats running on it with vehicles. Its been a blast the last couple days, feels like when I first started playing BF2.

I'm wondering what you guys think. Keep it at 16, do a mix of 16 and 32, or make the flyboys happy and go back to all 32?

Yeah, in the end it is our server so we can do what we want with it, but I'm curious as to what some of the more upstanding BF2 players think.

Dragon

Re: Quick question, more of a poll actually

This is kinda off the topic but Ive played a few 16 player maps with 32 and 64 players in the game. What a blast that was, lots of fun. Everyone gets spawn camped and killed a lot, how could it not happen with that many players on that small of a map.

Back on topic, I would run the 32 player game and throw in a map or two that are 16 player size maps. Most players hate the idea of an over populated map untill they play one. It really is a lot more fun than it sounds like it is. . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

I have a 20 player slot server and we run 16 and 32 player maps, when it fills up it is pretty fun

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
        This is kinda off the topic but Ive played a few 16 player maps with 32 and 64 players in the game. What a blast that was, lots of fun. Everyone gets spawn camped and killed a lot, how could it not happen with that many players on that small of a map.

Back on topic, I would run the 32 player game and throw in a map or two that are 16 player size maps. Most players hate the idea of an over populated map untill they play one. It really is a lot more fun than it sounds like it is. . . . . . . . . .Red
        i totally agree, ever play some rubberducky?

Comment

I surf the server list that comes up in the game browser. So Ive been there maybe last week. I think.

Yes it was last week some time. You know how it is Neptune, after awhile the people on these servers look the same.

I even visit some servers in Qubec. Its all a part of me searching for more skills. Maybe some day Ill get good at this game. LOL. . . . . . . .Red

Comment

I usually play 64 servers :| .

Comment

yeah IMO, 64 players are the best. bf2 was meant to b played with alot of ppl and i also have my filters to filter out 32 and 16 player maps

Comment

Yeah, I've been thinking of mixing it with a few 32 maps to add a little bit more air into the rotation.

The server is only a 24 slot one and my feeling has always been that 24 ppl can get pretty stretched out on a 32 or 64. Though some of the 64 are the same as the 32 just moved/added flags. I always liked a little over the number the map is. 20-30 players on a 16 player always felt good, not too over crowded. Same for the 32 and 64.

Feel like it promotes a little more teamwork. Smaller, tighter maps imo make you feel a little less safe as anyone could make it to a flag your trying to cap pretty quick. I also found myself in a fire fight trying to cap a flag when I played on smaller maps.

Dragon

Comment

no vote i like em all

Comment

Working...
                  X