No announcement yet.

BF2 won't load up!!! - Help me please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 won't load up!!! - Help me please!!

Ok i have just bought bf2 and special forces deluxe edition - got the 1.41 patch but when i load up the splash screen comes up the screen goes black then nothing - re-installed and tried without the patch - nothing!!! please help me

specs are

core 2duo e6400
    connect 3d 1950pro512mb
    asus p5b deluxe wifi
    1gb corsair 2x512mb ddr2 800mhz
    win xp sp2
    latest catylyst 7.2 ng mod drivers

Re: BF2 won't load up!!! - Help me please!!

Try an earlier set of drivers mate, see if that works, but i'm only guessing here, sorry.

Comment

Maybe try deleting your Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents. I know how to sort this problem for BF2142 (related to EA Link) but no real idea for BF2, sorry

Comment

Lol i got stuck looking at Lamri's avatar.....When its installed right click the icon and go to properties then compatibility, change it to windows 95 or something then try it again if it opens, good. Then close out of bf2 and you can set it back to none and it should keep working.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
          Lol i got stuck looking at Lamri's avatar.....When its installed right click the icon and go to properties then compatibility, change it to windows 95 or something then try it again if it opens, good. Then close out of bf2 and you can set it back to none and it should keep working.
          its made for XP it may not work on any previous O/S

Comment

I'm having the same problem.

Comment

After you install Special Forces, you HAVE to reinstall the patch after.

Comment

Working...
              X