Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

very good player with ping around 120???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: very good player with ping around 120???

Originally posted by N2K
    Funny?
    Hilarious, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by PrototypeJC
      I've got a pretty tough connection here at college. It's not until I hit around 200+ that it makes me unable to play. You can have a 120 ping and still do fine as long as there's no packet loss.

In CS, I can have a ping of 24, but can't do crap because of packet loss. Same with BF2. But if there's no packet loss, it's all good.
      aha! i have been having Packet Loss of 30-70% lately. try playing with that!

Comment

Sometimes I have ping in the two hundreds, and never lag once.

-Gitchy

Comment

90+ is bad for me, maybe he just got used to high ping, I see high pingers owning all the time

even with pings over 200

Comment

120 ping isn't that bad. And rank doesn't matter.. anyone can make a second account.

Comment

Originally posted by ondskapen
              yesterday i played on a server where was a low rank player with ping around 120 and he was veryvery good. high accurancy, etc

but he was dying also, he had 60 kills on 25 deaths, 160 points maybe on the end of the round.

but other players had 100-90 on top.

so my question is, was it cheater or he was just very good?
              but 120ping, for me its unacceptable, i couldnt play with ping like this
              I consider myself a good player, and my average on servers is 100-150ms. Sometimes those 150ms servers act a lot smoother than the supposed 50ms servers that lags and chops like hell.

Comment

I have noticed at time that it takes an entire clip for a kill, yet I seem to die due to only a few shots. Have not paid much attention to my ping during these times, but I will start to see if I can create a pattern. I usually only join servers that list with a 100 and below ping.

Comment

I'm really confused about how BF2 servers arbitrate between the clients and the server to determine who shots and hits first. On some servers I can hit and kill anything I see and shot. On other servers I get killed with one or two hits and I've used up a whole clip. Even accounting for good and bad aiming days, it just doesn't make sense to me. I use to think that my ping rate was the problem but even after using servers with ping rates less than 100 I still notice the same pattern. Someone please explain this for me.

Comment

my ping starts out at about 110 and lowers to 50 in about a couple minuets

/offtopic
                    i d/l'ed battleracer
                    ohh its tiight!!!

Comment

I average 60 - 140 ping.

I don't really care about my ping, just as long as I don't skip around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
                        I average 60 - 140 ping.

I don't really care about my ping, just as long as I don't skip around.
                        same here, I usually average in the 80's, but I cant stand skippin around. Not sure how I measure packet loss though. However that may explain some of the times I empty a clip into someone at 5m and not make a single hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_FU
                          same here, I usually average in the 80's, but I cant stand skippin around. Not sure how I measure packet loss though. However that may explain some of the times I empty a clip into someone at 5m and not make a single hit.
                          You and that eascoastplayer person really irked me off yesterday. :laugh:

Between you and him, I was rezzed and killed instantaniously after getting rezzed four times in a row, and I don't even think you guys realized it. :hmm:

Comment

ok next time I will leave you dead and not give you a chance

With players like you, I know that just rezzing you gives the squad a chance regardless if I kill the guy that got you.

If that irked you, well then you should know that when I rez you under fire and get killed and you take care of the rest and dont come back to try and revive me...well that irks me.

edit - if you had a mic my friend, I think it would help

Comment

ok next time I will leave you dead and not give you a chance

With players like you, I know that just rezzing you gives the squad a chance regardless if I kill the guy that got you.
                              But four times in a row? Blah! :|:

I had nightmares about it.

If that irked you, well then you should know that when I rez you under fire and get killed and you take care of the rest and dont come back to try and revive me...well that irks me.
                              I don't play medic, and picking up your kit everytime you happen to die behind me is a very risky manuever as it could lead to one of three possible outcomes:

A. I won't get my Assault or Sniper kit back and I'm stuck playing a medic.
                              B. I'll die in the process of grabbing your kit, reviving you and retrieving my kit.
                              C. I'll crash to desktop because of the kit switching bug.

Instead, I take advantage of the fact that I'm a mobile spawn point. :P

edit - if you had a mic my friend, I think it would help
                              I do have a mic, but it no longer works with BF2 VOIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X