Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

very good player with ping around 120???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very good player with ping around 120???

yesterday i played on a server where was a low rank player with ping around 120 and he was veryvery good. high accurancy, etc

but he was dying also, he had 60 kills on 25 deaths, 160 points maybe on the end of the round.

but other players had 100-90 on top.

so my question is, was it cheater or he was just very good?
    but 120ping, for me its unacceptable, i couldnt play with ping like this

Re: very good player with ping around 120???

Might be an alternate account, On my clans server i've got a ping of around 110-130 most of the time, yet I manage to come first (It's based across the sea in Chicago) in some rounds... mainly because Su-34 on 24/7 Oman but still I can do pretty good with lag.... I also have terrible graphics (GeForce 5600) so I think I do pretty well considering my setup =]

Comment

I've got a pretty tough connection here at college. It's not until I hit around 200+ that it makes me unable to play. You can have a 120 ping and still do fine as long as there's no packet loss.

In CS, I can have a ping of 24, but can't do crap because of packet loss. Same with BF2. But if there's no packet loss, it's all good.

Comment

With a average 50 ping on our IO server I sometimes open fire first and still get killed on people with 120+ pings....weird, maybe I should start dolphin diving like a noob, never mind I get enough kills with out that lame tactic.

Comment

I don't think I would accuse someone of cheating based mostly on a high(ish) ping. Its possible sure, but not solid evidence. A ping of 120 is not so high he couldn't possibly have a good round of ground pounding. I have played on some European servers with a ping of 160, and the game still played smooth, with good hit registration. Now, if he was trying to guide a tv missle with that ping, that would be exceptionally good, and much harder. But even then, does it prove he was cheating? I don't think so.

Comment

you can play good with any ping like prototype said the packet loss is waht matters.

you can play good with a 200 ping as long as all the packets make it from your computer to the server. but if you have a ping of 10 you may have a significant packet loss meaning the server does not pick up that packet from your comp.

Think of it like a spedometer on a car you could be going 200MPH but if you crash you cant get to where you were going. while if you were going 40 mph you might be going slower but you will still get there.

in this analogy the higher speed represents alower ping.

Comment

120 is still playable. Anything above 150 will start kicking in the face.

120 will simply need the player to start utilizing "lagshooting" which is compensation for the latency. If hes got a solid connection, its all good. For example in a face-to-face confrontatio with no strafing and basically a head-on movement, 120ms ping will only account for the additional reaction time.

Comment

Well when I would play on servers with 50 and below ping I could kill anyone with the G36C with two or three shots. 60+ Usually takes me about 5-8 shots, even at close range.

Comment

Hence why I used playable. Even in such games where you only really need one solid hit to kill anyone, ping can make a hellof a lot of difference. And in Bf2 theres really no way you can compensate for ping with tactics. For example camping would be such a thing, hence the use of grenades, because those little apples of joy dont know the effects of latency.

Id rank 60 ms ping a solid, and playable ping. My brother whos an avid CS1.6 player says anything above 40 is unplayable.

Personally Im used to lagshooting, so I play up to 150. Not in CS kind of games though, where every hit counts.

Comment

Originally posted by N2K
                    With a average 50 ping on our IO server I sometimes open fire first and still get killed on people with 120+ pings....weird, maybe I should start dolphin diving like a noob, never mind I get enough kills with out that lame tactic.
                    :laugh:

nublet

Comment

First, pings can differ from person to person.... If he allways have played with that ping, hes used to it...

If you solely look at the theory in numbers. you with a 30 ping and him with a 120 ping, you will only see him 0,08 sec before... and that dont mean much... In theory

second... erhmm.. nvm, I just had that.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke
                        First, pings can differ from person to person.... If he allways have played with that ping, hes used to it...

If you solely look at the theory in numbers. you with a 30 ping and him with a 120 ping, you will only see him 0,08 sec before... and that dont mean much... In theory

second... erhmm.. nvm, I just had that.
                        But there are other factors to play with.

First, human reaction time alone is an average 200 ms which is 0.2 seconds. 0.08 is a half of it.

Thats not the real issue though. With 120 ms ping you have to start to compensate for it, whereas with 30 you dont really need to. When I mean compensate, I mean start aiming in front of him while calculating his trajectory. Sure itll come in time, but for those who dont play with 120, its a little hard. Most good players will still do good though.

With BF2, theres an issue with hit detection aswell.

Im fairly sure that noone wants to face an equally skilled opponent with a severe ping disadvantage.

Comment

I noticed this many times with my own ping. On servers where I've got higher pings (+- 100ms) I can hit things 'easier' with less bullets then on servers where I've mostly stay below 25; here I sometimes can shoot dozens of bullets without hitting a single thing. Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Elder
                            :laugh:

nublet
                            Funny?

Comment

from the first day i got the game tel today the best ping i've played with was 130....evry day i play with an avrege ping of 150 and higher some times i play with 230 and i still kick as* high ping is not effecting me

Comment

Working...
                              X