keep the ranking system and encourage team play at same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep the ranking system and encourage team play at same time

i was thinking about this today after reading a post about EA dropping the ranking system. it seemed to me that most of the people who complained about the ranking system used the justification that "it creates worthless point whores who are only in it for themselves"(or something like that it isnt an exact quote)or that the ranking system discourages teamplay. I had an idea to fix this and i just wanted to know your opinion on it - make it so that point totals only get counted if your team wins the round. or make the points worth half, just some kind of penalty other than your loss counter goes up one. if this were part of the game i think it would drastically decrease the number of lone wolfs, stat padders ,etc. . anyway its seriously doubful that any of this will affect anything EA does but hey - i can dream.

Re: keep the ranking system and encourage team play at same time

Good idea, but I could see many problems, like if you got points and received a badge or something, and then it didn't count, you wouldt get the badge/ribbon/medal.

Comment

you could still stat padd and win the round if it was organized

Comment

I never cared for EA’s Ranking system personally.

Reasons why:

1: It used to be an independent service, which was FREE. This would have kept server prices much cheaper if not for EA’s grand money making attention to detail vs. making a GOOD game without ridiculous coding errors detail.
        :hmm: 2: The ranking system (when independent) was skill based; not like EA’s ranking system which is based on whether or not you have a life.
        3: There’s no complaining about knife and pistol servers or stat padding or any other gay crap like that. Less complaining, imagine that.
        :evil: 4: In fact without EA’s Ranking service there would have been more server options (such as in BF1942 or BFV).

I’m sure there’s a few I’m missing.

Comment

true but it would at least make it a lot harder to stat pad. currently all you need to stat pad is 3 guys - one to kill one to be killed and one to revive. it seems to me itd take a lot more effort to coordinate between 10 or so people to stat pad. unless you mean a clan arranges so 3 guys stat pad while the rest win the round which i can see happening. youd just have to trust in the honesty of the clan which is stretching it a bit.

post #2 most of the badges and ribbons are based on kills and time right( or other things like heal/ammo/revive points)? so just make it so the kills(or heal/ammo/revive points) count towards the badge but not to your global score.

Comment

you would still only need 3 people if this happened just one person would not gain as much points. Probably HAving ROE to check out suspicious stats is the best defense but then its not really that big of a deal to me.

Comment

i miss the server tracking stats, global ranking created 1,000's of point whores.

Comment

the only thing that the rank system is good for is unlocking weapons and even that is total bs

Comment

rank shows nothing anymore
                  especially when ppl are selling high ranked accounts
                  even so, rank to me is crucial because of a little thing in my head telling me to get to the next highest rank

i like the sense of accomplishment
                  you know?

Comment

i like the sense of accomplishment too. even if it means absolutely nothing other than a few bytes of information saying I achieved some feat.

Comment

i personally like the stats system, it doesnt really ruin the GAMEPLAY of the game, which is most important. and who cares about stat padders? its funny when u knife a crappy general, becuz he has no combat experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X