TV misfires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV misfires

I'm not sure why, but I seem to get a ton more TV missile misfires than other people I play with. It seems like I get about 30% misfires and its not uncommon to get 2,3,4 sometimes 5 misfires in a row. I have to keep switching in and out of tv to get it to work sometimes. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Re: TV misfires

I've had that issue in the past but it was not as often as you described

Comment

yea i know what u mean i think. When your waiting for the missile to reload, dont repeatly click the fire button so it fires right when its done, because then it doesnt fire and you have to reload again, happens to me all the time. Just be patient and dont spam the fire button.

Comment

Can you describe your misfires and the situations you encounter them in? How fast are you clicking? When are you clicking? Any particular map? How is your ping? Do you always play in the same server? Etc... it's difficult for us to provide any kind of assistance if you fail to elaborate on your problem. We aren't telepaths and certainly can't arrive at a solution without knowing the variables.

In other words, help us help you.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean, and it's always when your lined up perfectly lol. It's just a bug, happens occasionly.

I went through a patch similar to yours, changed server and i haven't seen the bug as much.

Comment

Originally posted by signa
            I'm not sure why, but I seem to get a ton more TV missile misfires than other people I play with. It seems like I get about 30% misfires and its not uncommon to get 2,3,4 sometimes 5 misfires in a row. I have to keep switching in and out of tv to get it to work sometimes. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?
            Is this like me claiming my mouse was screwing up my flying the other day? :P

I know what you mean though. Whenever you gun for me, it really does seem to happen to you more often than others that gun for me. That said, it DOES happen to others too. Maybe you've just had a really bad run of luck?

Comment

I made a thread about this 1 week ago...search

Comment

some people are not so lucky when it comes to TV misiles

fpr example my friend gets the "black screen" bug at least once a day but I only had it once so far

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
                  I made a thread about this 1 week ago...search
                  if you are referring to your tv guided missile help thread, no that's not what signa is asking about.

and this is the second thread i've noticed you respond in where you have yet to take the time to read what is going on in the thread. searching through all your previous posts, seeing as you only take a minute on average between posts and respond with one-liners, this doesn't seem to surprise me. boy you must sure be proud of your post count tho... :/

Comment

i find that ever since 1.41 my TV's have been screwed in many way mostly:

1. What you described, sometimes loading it so many times and i dont even click
                    2. Straight thru choppers, i was lined up to hit a b/hawk right on the nose and both me and my pilot saw the missile fly straight thru the whole damn thing
                    3. fires but i dont get the missile camera, and have no way of guiding it

of course all of the above happen at the most annoy of times

i think its more down to some secret change on 1.41, which imo was the most pointless patch ever

Comment

I haven't gotten a misfire yet, but my TVs go through blackhawks and other transports, but not attack helis. BF2 at its best, apparently the larger the target the easier it is to miss.

Comment

Thank heavens we aren't faced with barns! Wait a tick... O_o;

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                          Can you describe your misfires and the situations you encounter them in? How fast are you clicking? When are you clicking? Any particular map? How is your ping? Do you always play in the same server? Etc... it's difficult for us to provide any kind of assistance if you fail to elaborate on your problem. We aren't telepaths and certainly can't arrive at a solution without knowing the variables.

In other words, help us help you.
                          lol, you always chastise with such intellect.

Comment

I try.

My sincerest hope is that AnotherEd will chime in, once again exposing my arrogant and condescending ways, perhaps even delving deeper into my twisted mind, sheding light into my psychopathology. Or maybe he'll be wiser and ignore me...

Hmm, good times.

Comment

Working...
                            X