very very very good suggestion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very very very good suggestion!

hi all developers! wondered if its possible to make a "2142" mod for bf2?

Re: very very very good suggestion!

I'm not a dev but it is the same engine...so Yes you can...

Comment

why not make a bf2 mod for bf2142? Upgraded engine... slightly better graphics... rifle sway?

Comment

2142 = MOD for BF2

Modding a mod isn't unheard of, DCX did it for DC. The difference here is, 2142 is a 50$ mod, DC was for FREE.

Comment

Ok, i'm not arguing whether 2142 is a mod of bf2 or not, i'm just saying why not build off what EA/DICE have already done. Many people already own 2142 and wish it were more like BF2, it has fewer bugs and i would love to have battleships that actually move, which should be possible on the modified 2142 engine. I think a mod of bf2142 on bf2 would just be a crappy version of bf2142.

Comment

FYI, more people play BF2 than 2142 at any given day. And if you're looking for battleships, I believe there is a BF2 mod called Battleship coming out.

Comment

Er... I'm thinking that's not a "very,very,very,very good idea"

What would be the point?

Comment

Then Ea/Dice would destroy it

Comment

I wonder what ballte ships would be like. Ea and Dice tend to leave out naval war fare the closest I ever got to a naval battle was FH and then it was boring if nobody worked together.

Comment

That's why EA and DICE left it out. Nobody works together in these games.

Comment

WE WILL SEE ABOUT THAT!

linky

Anyway, there is no doubt as to 2142 having some engine improvements.....doesn't make it a better game though

Also, just for reference, 2142 has no improvements in terms of player collision-vehicle interaction(believe me we have looked into it)....you still lag out, the TITANS in 2142 are just moving so incredibly slow most people dont notice it....but there still is lag

So once again D(EA)ice decided to just create a shortcut for a major engine problem, instead of just erraticating it before release....

*ahem*

[/rant]

Comment

hell id love to see a battleship mod.... but yeah if nobody wokred together it wud be hard and ppl wud just get in each others way... but if u want a 2142 mod for bf2... BUY 2142... duuh? how hard can it be?

Comment

Working...
                        X