Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help skinnig USMC DPV

ive searched and searched and there is nothing out there that helped me

i just want to change the DPV ( how it looks but i cant tell what any thing is )

can some one please help me with this

BTW every time i go to save as a DDS my pc doesnt respond is it because of the specs of my pc or does it happen to most people

Re: need help skinnig USMC DPV

It does that for me also, I just do what I can.... soo... back to the question, anybody know how to get it to look similar to the actual vehicle? (I have a 3d modelling program, is there a way i can skin it in there?)

Comment

You can't skin inside the modelling program but you can see the result as you change it (in PS or PSP).

When you save as DDS it may be giving you a warning message, particularly if it had an alpha channel and you're saving it without one. The message may be hidden (try using alt-tab to find it and ok it).

Comment

how do u see the model preview in PS?

Comment

You can only see it in Max, but you can see the result in Max as you make changes to the skin with PS.

Comment

it wont let me open up the mesh with max though.

Comment

Yes, it would be hard work to get the mesh into Max - you would need Professor Dred's Necessary Tools (Google) to get it in, but even then you might need to unwrap it yourself.

The most straightforward approach is just to change the skin then load up the DPV in the Editor to see the result. You can speed the process up a bit if you use a 'clever' first skin (e.g. number all the parts on the skin, then load it up to see which part corresponds to which number, and then use that as your skinning guide).

With complicated skins there comes a point where it's easier to make your own model and unwrap it to your own skin rather than try to reskin a model for which you don't have the unwrap.

Comment

If I'm not going to remodel it however and it's a very complicated skin, should I make the dimensions the same and make my own skin from scratch?

Comment

You need to think carefully about your approach. The easiest is to carry on as you are. If you want to make a new model you need to learn about exporting it into a BF2 mod, and that's not trivial. Have a look around the forum at bfeditor.org, and if that doesn't put you off it can teach you all you need to know. Advanced questions are best asked there, as you will get a good answer (but read and learn enough first to know what sensible questions to ask).

Comment

Working...
                  X