No announcement yet.

Can you play co-op with just 1 player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you play co-op with just 1 player?

Hello all,

I'm trying to find out wether you can play 1 player co-op with bots. I used to play one player co-op with Battlefield 1942 and set up a really good 64 player map no problems adjusting the ratios to my likings. But with Battlefield two the co-op game does'nt start till you have two human players connected. Is there away around this?

So far I've been able to get 31 bots playing on Lan co-op game (on 16 player map???) and adjusted the ratio so theres more of the botage on the opposing side to kill, but as i still need another player the game does'nt start properly and the flags dont work. it's just a dam free for all that soon gets boring as the bots can't take the flags.

Please can anyone help, surely theres an easy fix?

Many thanks,

7rip$ter.

Re: Can you play co-op with just 1 player?

I thought there was something in the "serversettings.con" file or something where you can change a value for number of required players from 2 to 1 or something. If it's not in that file, I'm pretty sure it's in another.

Sorry I couldn't be of more specific help, but I'm pretty sure it can be done.

Comment

press ` (to bring the console down)

type; sv.numplayersneededtostart 1

or just type sv.numplay (press tab, it will complete the command & add the (space) 1))

Comment

couldnt you just play single player???

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, Thanks Scinto your a star... it worked sweet as! had a 13/19 ratio, was a tuff game too, had to rain down the old artilary strikes as much as poss was so cool to see 10+ bots all getting blown here there and everywhere while my troops advanced and mopped up the left overs.

Is there anyway to use the bigger maps? while i was looking about on the net for an answer to the above i saw a lot of people refering to bot mods... is that like what podbot was to Counter strike. If so which bot mod would you advise?

Many thanks,

7rip$ter.

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
            couldnt you just play single player???
            you could but you cant easily change their difficulty,

Originally posted by 7rip$ter
            Thanks for the help guys, Thanks Scinto your a star... it worked sweet as! had a 13/19 ratio, was a tuff game too, had to rain down the old artilary strikes as much as poss was so cool to see 10+ bots all getting blown here there and everywhere while my troops advanced and mopped up the left overs.

Is there anyway to use the bigger maps? while i was looking about on the net for an answer to the above i saw a lot of people refering to bot mods... is that like what podbot was to Counter strike. If so which bot mod would you advise?

Many thanks,

7rip$ter.
            theirs 2 links in my signature the SP maps give all map size's for co-op play

Comment

Working...
            X