Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come after i build my map the terrain shows up black when i run it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come after i build my map the terrain shows up black when i run it?

anyone have any help on how to fix this? thanks

Re: How come after i build my map the terrain shows up black when i run it?

Read the whole thread.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I ended up just figuring it out but thanks anyhow.

Comment

maybe u havnt put the textures in the map or i dont know

Comment

Probably hadn't generated lowdetails.

Comment

you forgot to merge your layers when you paint below the both button theres a merge button this merges the layers and removes the black stuff

black is placement for high detail texture
            white is placement for low detail texture

mergeing blends the layers to the map

Comment

Damn! none of this works for me
              is there annyone that i can send my (not finnished) map to, so that the light can be fixed?
              If annyone has a basic map with only 1 layer of painted terrain and has no black ground in-game you can send it to pieter-jan.meersman@telenet.be
              please contact, I like my map how it is 'till now. I wanna end it!

Comment

aparently you didnt read the post i made its verry easy to do just merge your layer to the map and your done if you want to render shadows then goto renderer and generate light maps

Comment

Originally posted by Engineerisaac
                  aparently you didnt read the post i made its verry easy to do just merge your layer to the map and your done if you want to render shadows then goto renderer and generate light maps
                  P.S. Lightmaps take a very long time, especially in "Full" mode - it could take up to a week. However, low/medium could only take a few hours..

Comment

I had this happen to me a few times. I think the fix was to copy textures from your editor folder, into your maps textures folders. Could of been vice/versa i can't remember. Hope this helps!

Comment

I haven't mapped for about a year, but if I remember correctly you need to go to your map folder, editor directory, copy the colormaps and detailmaps folders from the editor folder to the root directory of your map.

Copy

C:\Program Files\EA\Battlefield2\mods\bf2\Levels\Yourmap\edit or\colormaps
                      C:\Program Files\EA\Battlefield2\mods\bf2\Levels\Yourmap\edit or\detailmaps
                      TO:
                      C:\Program Files\EA\Battlefield2\mods\bf2\Levels\Yourmap\colo rmaps
                      C:\Program Files\EA\Battlefield2\mods\bf2\Levels\Yourmap\deta ilmaps

It's a bug with the editor that when your map is first created the colormaps and detailmaps folders in the root folder are write protected and they are not transfered down. BF2 reads the colormaps folders and detailmaps from the root of your map, not the editor directory. So copy them down and your black terrain will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard View Post
                        I haven't mapped for about a year, but if I remember correctly you need to go to your map folder, editor directory, copy the colormaps and detailmaps folders from the editor folder to the root directory of your map.

Copy

TO:

It's a bug with the editor that when your map is first created the colormaps and detailmaps folders in the root folder are write protected and they are not transfered down. BF2 reads the colormaps folders and detailmaps from the root of your map, not the editor directory. So copy them down and your black terrain will be gone.
                        Yup that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard View Post

Copy

TO:

Hot damn....I love ya man!!!! It works there is a GOD :yay:

Comment

Working...
                          X