Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argh!! Help, keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for memory or some crazy thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh!! Help, keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for memory or some crazy thing!

Help! Happened three times in a row now.

Re: Argh!! Help, keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for memory or some crazy thing!

Did you upgrade RAM lately? I've had a few people I know have that happen to them.. I forget what they did to fix it though..

Try googling that 5-digit code you're getting.

Comment

Re: Argh!! Help, keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for memory or some crazy thing!

I got kicked by PB for the first time for "Not responding to MD5 queries". Bollocks, I say.

Anyway, A) update PB and b) Do a clean reboot.

Comment

Only thing I've done is overclock my CPU and RAM. Nothing else. I googled it but it just came up with loads of forum links with people being accused of hacking which didn't help matters. If no one knows what it is I'll revert my CPU and RAM settings to what they were before.

On a side note I run the game of an image and have done so with no problems, has PB recently had an update that detects this?

Comment

Resolution: This issue is from a program that conflicts with PB. There are a few known program that cause this issue. They are listed below. Action needed to resolve, will consist of stopping the application from running while gaming via task manager by using end task: :

~e5.0001: is started by games such as Doom 3, Sims 2 and Football Manager 2005.
          3dnasys.exe
          B4AOTB.exe (Easy 1 button Backup)
          Backup4all.exe (Easy 1 button Backup)
          CyberCorder: cybrcrdr.exe
          Dr. Watson
          DU Super Controler
          ezi_hnm2.exe (Dell Network Assistant)
          Get Right
          Girder 3.2
          ItunesHelper.exe
          Macro Toolsworks
          mIRCStats
          MS Office: ctfmon.exe
          newsLeecher.exe
          Omega Messanger.exe
          Paessler Router Traffic Grapher: prtg4.exe
          PRTG Traffic Grapher
          SNTP Time Synchronization Service: sntpserv.exe
          Spyware Doctor
          SpyWatcher
          Videozilla Ultra Video converter
          VNC Server
          Webroots SpySweeper
          xptools.exe
          That might help.. I found that in google.

Comment

Not doing clean install as it's been fine before today. Just checked and PB is up to date.

Only one that was running was the MS one. Stopped it, will try again now.

Comment

You sure you don't have a **** .exe you've accidentally left there? Otherwise all you can do is reinstall a few times maybe.

Comment

FFS kicked again! Stupid game....

Originally posted by LuckySeven
                You sure you don't have a **** .exe you've accidentally left there? Otherwise all you can do is reinstall a few times maybe.
                It runs of a full ISO from my own BF2 CD mate and has done for about 5 months.

Comment

This may sound noobish but dont files get corrupted a lot when it comes to software? I would think a re-install may rid yourself of the problem. Hopefully someone else can help you to avoid that though. Good luck.

Comment

Maybe re-make another ISO because chances are something in there got messed up over time.

I use a mini-disc image instead of a full ISO.

Comment

Working now after restart and some changes to memory speed.

Comment

hi all i keep getting kicked through punkbuster and haven`t got a clue why can any one help please i get gamehook i`ve looked it up and theres no way i`m a hacker or cheater youv`e just got to look at my stats to see that!!! i tried to log on since and now i`m getting a permanant ban can anyone help please!!
                        much thanks =MM=NiPPeR

Comment

Originally posted by =MM=NiPPeR
                          hi all i keep getting kicked through punkbuster and haven`t got a clue why can any one help please i get gamehook i`ve looked it up and theres no way i`m a hacker or cheater youv`e just got to look at my stats to see that!!! i tried to log on since and now i`m getting a permanant ban can anyone help please!!
                          much thanks =MM=NiPPeR

Shouldn't have tried to hack.

Comment

Trouble is i aint HACKED i wouldn`t even know where to start do my stats look like i`ve hacked...err i dont think so all i do is come on to pass the time it dont make no difference to me how many times i get killed its just good fun honestly

Comment

Working...
                            X