• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controls.con

I'd like to modify this file to let me, in a jet do this:

Mouse Wheel Down = cycle through view
    Mouse wheel Up = Reset to F9 view
    Mouse Wheel Roll = Parachute (hate having to reach over to 9)

Of course, I could move parachute to R since I reload with the middle mouse, but I hate having to use the keyboard for anything more than movement and spotting.

Any ideas?

Re: Controls.con

Can be done. I dont know the details, as it involves a little of that annoying work, but you can make it work with some backwards engineering. Until someone smarter in that area comes along and gives you the lines of code and where to put them, I simply suggest you take your controls.con file, make a backup and experiment.

Comment

I've tried, the parachute one does not work, and there is a) the conflict between the cycle weapons with mouse wheel and b) if one bind works the other won't - if the reset view bind works, the cycle weapon bind doesn't. Any ideas?

ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_PICameraMode1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 1
      That's the line for the reset view, BF2 erased everything else I added when I launched it.

Comment

Code:
        ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFMouse IDButton_2 10000 0
        For parachute in mousewheel press if that's what you meant. Add under ControlMap.create InfantryPlayerInputControlMap

You also must make it read-only. There are a few problems in binding something in mousewheel and for example zooming (commander) map won't work. Remove these and try again.

Code:
        ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_GIMouseWheelUp -1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0
        ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_GIMouseWheelDown IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0
        ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_PINextItem -1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0
        ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_PIPrevItem IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0
        Add under ControlMap.create AirPlayerInputControlMap I think. If it doesn't work, add it after each PlayerInputControlMap.

Comment

do it in your settings .

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty
            do it in your settings .
            You can't do those binds in settings.

LuckySeven, I had it read-only before, completely forgot to do that this time round. Sometimes it CTDs from it.

I've done it, you need to:

1.) Add this line to ControlMap.create InfantryPlayerInputControlMap to enable the parachute via scroll wheel (this is for scrolling down, to scroll up, you put the -1 after c_PIWeaponSelect9):

ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 1
            2.) Under the relevant ControlMaps (out of Land, Sea, Air and Helicopter), you need to add the lines (scroll up is reset to F9, down is cycle camera):

ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_PIToggleCameraMode IDFMouse IDAxis_2 1
            ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode1 -1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 1
            Do this for each of them.

3.) From ControlMap.create defaultPlayerInputControlMap, delete any references to IDFMouse IDAxis_2 and replace those lines with:

ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_PIToggleCameraMode IDFMouse IDAxis_2 1
            ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode1 -1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 1
            This last controlmap is the global one, anything you stick in here will be used everywhere, vehicle or not. Since you only need the mouse-roll weaponswitch for infantry, it makes sense to delete the lines from here and stick them in the top, as in step 1. Nothing like stalking a J10 only to have it switch into A2A mode and get you shot down. Using the mouse wheel to switch weapons in a jet is a nuisance to me, may be different for others.

5.) Make the file read only.

Well, there you have it. So simple in the end, just a matter of moving everything to the right place instead of sticking it all in global controls.

Maybe this'll help someone else...

Edit: My reference - http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat...id=1671636&p=1

Comment

Working...
            X