Norton and BF2...help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton and BF2...help!

Well this is new whenever I try to update server in BF2 I get this message from Norton:

An attempt to attack your computer recently was blocked

I cannot update server or anything as this keeps happening each time I try.

Anyone have a solution as it was working fine before.....

Well it now lets me update it.....and it also kicked me out mid-game saying I had a connection error.....any takers?

thanks

Re: Norton and BF2...help!

Originally posted by Saffron.3
    Well this is new whenever I try to update server in BF2 I get this message from Norton:

An attempt to attack your computer recently was blocked
    Normal. At least, I got that, too, when first installing. In the warning dialog, there should be an option to allow it, like, "Always allow this application..." or whatever. Go ahead and allow it.

Comment

uninstal snoreton, oh wait it leaches to every aspect of your computer forcing it to be permanently unremovable while it demands you to pay exhorbent amounts of money each year to continue doing fuk all but spamming you with attacks blocked making you think your pc would be fuked without it. so reformat (which probably would still not get rid of it) and never look back, get something (anything) so long as it does not start with Norton, not to mention it sucks the $hit out of your cpu and ram while it does fuk all but have 30 various processes running in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS
        uninstal snoreton, oh wait it leaches to every aspect of your computer forcing it to be permanently unremovable while it demands you to pay exhorbent amounts of money each year to continue doing fuk all but spamming you with attacks blocked making you think your pc would be fuked without it. so reformat (which probably would still not get rid of it) and never look back, get something (anything) so long as it does not start with Norton, not to mention it sucks the $hit out of your cpu and ram while it does fuk all but have 30 various processes running in the background.
        Agreed.....I changed to Kaspersky, much better

Comment

Uninstall Norton. Uses too much resources of your computer.

Try AVG or Kaspersky.

Comment

Try adding BF2 to the exceptions list in Norton, it does work and I’ve had no problems running BF2.

Comment

You can turn off Norton's Real Time Protection to gain some resources back and stop that error from occuring with BF2 update. Yes make sure BF2 has full access and priviledges with Norton!!!

And YES you can fully remove Norton from all aspects of your computer with the Norton Removal Tool!! SymNRT.exe (Check out MajorGeeks.com to get it)

Keep on Sniping,
              Kulamonster

Comment

I always deactivate mit Antivir before starting BF2. And yes, Norton sucks.
                Don't know why would need virus protection while playing bf2
                So just shut it down.

Comment

I use norton. I agree its not the best one but everyone that uses my computer, wife and kids, know how to use it.

When I play BF2 I turn it off, its just that simple, and I run smart close to get rid of other BS. Smart close is a simple way to close everything, you dont need, and not cause problems. Hope this helps. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Are the other anti virus/spy free or at least cheaper? As once my SWEET subscription runs out I might have to look into changing it.

I gave BF2 like, god mode to run on my comp through Norton and gave it a access full pass. The messages happened after about 1hr of playing, and it almost looked like (in the message) that my computer was trying to attack my computer (make any sense?)

Yeah I have always just left Norton on while I game...I don't see any lag and ping is around 40-150 most times, need a graphics card though because LOW setting on 800x600 is not my favorite!

Thanks for the help though I will shut down Norton next time I game.

Comment

Well, disable Norton while playing (I suggest uninstall it!!). And disable Windows Update too, sometimes it can popup and say "restart now or later" blabla. Then you get out to desktop while playing - and normal you'll die afterwards.

Comment

try putting a bible on your computer and praying - thats what i do

Comment

Working...
                        X