Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny yet scary...

and annoying!

i'm really lazy when it comes to looking into things and actually doing something about it but i am stomped a bit on what exactly is the issue at hand. it seems my computer screams bloody murder at me everytime i turn her on. let me explain...

after say 2+ hours of no use (computer is off) i come by and turn it on. all i hear is a high pitch ring noise for a while. in the beginning it went away quickly but as time progresses so does the ringing in longer durations. it use to be a boot up thing but now when i run and play around on my computer desk top or surf it will still stay for a little while. note that it may not be constant at this moment, but it still will ring a lot. also, it seems when i use the scroll button on my mouse while surfing it causes the computer to ring too!

now this ringing only occurs though after a fresh start up like i said. 5-10 minutes later its like everything was normal.

oh yeah, a few days ago i turned on my computer and it just stayed black scrn. nothing was happening. 30-60 seconds later it "starts" and the ringing comes right away. i personally believe its one of my p4s. things sometimes seem to function not as fast as before, especially multi tasking. i really think one of my p4s is about dead. i also did a test, 3dbenchmark or w/e i cannot remember. but my processor scored as low as 2 FPS. lol, i couldnt believe it.

the best part is i still run bf2 on relatively med/high settings smoothly.

now i suppose my ultimate question is, is my computer going to spontaniously combust one of these days? lol.

Re: funny yet scary...

Remove the PSU and get it checked out.
    Quickly.

Comment

I agree with the above poster. Check your CPU, very quickly!

Comment

If you have 2 P4s then use your common sense and take one out.

Comment

lol ok ok

just for a laugh - this has been going on for about... its mach now and im sure it started as early as... december at least.. i think. definately 3 months though :S

but ok, i will go and do that. so i just remove them and walk into a computer place and ask them to look at them or something? or is there a way for me to identify the bad one without going to the store??

Comment

Working...
          X