Modding (for myself)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding (for myself)

Hey.. Im just thinking of doing a "mod" for myself to play in singleplayer/local..
    What I want to do is to tweak some weapons (to play for fun, in SP, local).. But HOW do I tweak weapons etc? Do I need Bf2 Editor, or just open the files and edit the text (and how do I do that)?

I have seen on other topics on totalbf2 that people have tweaked weapons.
    Some guy said:

"I still have the demo on my comp, so I decided to mess around with the .con files there. What I did is editing the G36C´s bullet velocity. Default is 1000, I changed it to 10.
    You find the G36C´s con file here: mods\bf2\Objects_server.zip/weapons/handheld/usrif_g36c\usrif_g36c.tweak
    What you do is search for this passage:"

But how do I tweak weapons for myself?

EDIT: I know how I do it now.. - Just rename the file to .text and then change what I want.. Then rename back to .tweak.. But I dont now how to rename the mod (the name you see under "Custom Games" in the menu etc....

Re: Modding (for myself)

Originally posted by Grasli
    EDIT: I know how I do it now.. - Just rename the file to .text and then change what I want.. Then rename back to .tweak.. But I dont now how to rename the mod (the name you see under "Custom Games" in the menu etc....
    Look at the mod.desc file in mods\bf2 or other mods. You just need to put your mod name & description in that file in your mod's folder.

Comment

Working...
    X