Best way to install Special Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to install Special Forces

I've tried one time so far, I had to completely uninstall BF2 because it totally corrupted it. Even after I uninstalled Special Forces, it was still screwed.

Now I'm just running BF2 stock and would like to have another go at it. I'm running the latest version and I'm wondering if their is a best way of installing Special Forces.

Again...if there even is one....doubtful.

Re: Best way to install Special Forces

Turn off teh 'internets.

Close all programs, even in the taskbar.

You could even do a clean boot by going through msconfig, and stopping all start-up programs and turning off all services.

Reboot.

Put disk in drawer thingee.

Pray.

Pray again.

Pray harder, darn it.

Accept the terms of service and install.

It will first patch to 1.1, then it will install SF.

Afterwards, repatch to bf2 1.41 (not to be confused with the next "patch" where they actually fixed the engine and loading times, BF2.142)

Comment

Can u help me once i try and start the game a message appears saying lighting.fx in shader file is missing or sumfin please help me??????? im desperate...]

Comment

Originally posted by Matt896
        Can u help me once i try and start the game a message appears saying lighting.fx in shader file is missing or sumfin please help me??????? im desperate...]

Comment

Originally posted by Ahab~Ahab
          I've tried one time so far, I had to completely uninstall BF2 because it totally corrupted it. Even after I uninstalled Special Forces, it was still screwed.

Now I'm just running BF2 stock and would like to have another go at it. I'm running the latest version and I'm wondering if their is a best way of installing Special Forces.

Again...if there even is one....doubtful.
          Here's my recommended install order:
          • Battlefield 2
          • Special Forces
          • Patch 1.41 Full

Comment

Working...
          X