using joy stick ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using joy stick ?

hey all, i was thinking of buying a joy stick but before i do i would like to know if bf2 has the option of using one like is there a way where i can just press and button and can use my joystick without having to download a program and doing all that kinda crap to get it to work?

Re: using joy stick ?

You have to set it up in your controls...any person with an ounce of common sense can do it in 2 minutes without even testing.

Comment

Originally posted by [SMS]PrototypeJC
      You have to set it up in your controls...any person with an ounce of common sense can do it in 2 minutes without even testing.
      ok because i dont wanna have to download a program off the net and have to configure all the stuff up and what not lol

Comment

Originally posted by proculus5
        ok because i dont wanna have to download a program off the net and have to configure all the stuff up and what not lol
        You shouldn't have to download anything; simply install the drivers that will come with your joystick setup and you'll be good to go.

You WILL have to configure your joystick settings in the BF2 options prior to playing, as stated in this thread, but that should be relatively quick and painless.

Comment

question i was looking in the option menu and looked under controls and i did not see anything saying about a joystick could some post a screenshot pointing at the option or somthing lol

edit: i found out how to use it ^^

Comment

as you seem to be new at this
            make sure you PRACTICE in a single player game
            or join an empty server to PRACTICE
            it is BAD manners to fly in a game and crash or die all the time

good luck

ps

drop us a post if you want help learning - many here have good advice

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
              as you seem to be new at this
              make sure you PRACTICE in a single player game
              or join an empty server to PRACTICE
              it is BAD manners to fly in a game and crash or die all the time

good luck

ps

drop us a post if you want help learning - many here have good advice
              well so far i crashed the heli 2 times out of 10, this is just flying around and doing some stunts, and the jet only once cause i had my joystick setting wrong lol, 1 problem i have with the jet is trying to figure out where will the bomb land lol

Comment

I used to fly with a joystick, and it worked... but I'd suggest just learning the m+k style of flying. The flying is unrealistic enough for it to work, and the keyboard allows you for easier freelooking, and in helos, seat switching and guiding.

Comment

Working...
                X