WTH, I lag like sh!t on Al Basra.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTH, I lag like sh!t on Al Basra.

Every other map I play on PR is fine. But whenever I play Al Basra I lag to a point where I can't even move (I suspect it's due to my ram). What's wrong with this map? Why does it require SO MUCH MORE ram than the others?

My system:

AMD 3800+
    X800XL
    1 gig of RAM

Re: WTH, I lag like sh!t on Al Basra.

Originally posted by Ali G
    Every other map I play on PR is fine. But whenever I play Al Basra I lag to a point where I can't even move (I suspect it's due to my ram). What's wrong with this map? Why does it require SO MUCH MORE ram than the others?

My system:

AMD 3800+
    X800XL
    1 gig of RAM
    i just put everything on low except effect and put aa 4x makes the gmaes till look good ecept sometimes the geometeries get weirded out on the 50 cal lol cause of the 4x aa.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali G

My system:

AMD 3800+
      X800XL
      1 gig of RAM
      What are your settings?

Al Basrah is pretty system intensive since it's so large.

Make sure Textures are set to Medium since you only have 1GB of RAM.

Also, turning Dynamic Lights, Shadows and Lighting to Medium should give a considerable performance boost with a negligible loss of visual quality.

Also, is it hardware lag (ie; low fps) or internet issues?

If it's the former, the Devfile 24/7 Al Basrah server had a problem with lag issues even after applying the server patch, but those issues are fixed now.

Comment

Yeah Al Basrah is a pretty heavy map so keep ur gfx to Medium or low.

Comment

If the suggested stuff doesnt work, you should still be able to play it alright on 16 and 32 player

Comment

Yeah...same. I just bought an extra gig of RAM yesterday just to play that map!

Comment

yeah i wanna buy another gig of ram, but i dont have the money atm

Comment

Mine lags too but only on the 64 man map...the others are good...I love it when I have teamates spot muj, then I gun run with the mini bird! (MH6) I got so many kills with that...then a sniper G3ed me in the nuts through the choppah glass!

Oh yeah...if yI put 2GB of ram instead of 1 will my stuff be erased since it's a new mem. card?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
                  Mine lags too but only on the 64 man map...the others are good...I love it when I have teamates spot muj, then I gun run with the mini bird! (MH6) I got so many kills with that...then a sniper G3ed me in the nuts through the choppah glass!

Oh yeah...if yI put 2GB of ram instead of 1 will my stuff be erased since it's a new mem. card?!
                  Basrah doesn't have MH-6's .

Maybe you're thinking of Muttrah?

And to your last question.. no.

Comment

There is the On-Job Garabaldi and the Off-Job Baldi.....big differance lol

Comment

No MH6 on al basrah...what about 32 player or 16? It was a map with USMC vs. Muj. No it wasnt Muttrah

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
                        No MH6 on al basrah...what about 32 player or 16? It was a map with USMC vs. Muj. No it wasnt Muttrah
                        Maybe you're right.. I haven't played 16 or 32 versions of Basrah in ages

Extraction on Basrah has 2 (?) Little Bird's.

Comment

OMFG ive got 512mb and i play with a little lag LOL :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                          X