help a noob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help a noob?

Hey, im the newest noob and I was wondering if you guys could suggest any tips or hints to help a me get through the early stages, to catch on quicker, you know? I've been "studying" the BF2 videos on youtube but they are all pretty pathedic or the graphics are horrible, to say the best. So if you guys could show me some videos that'd be great. I know I hate the stupid noob that jumps in the tank and drives it off a cliff, or worse, into his teamates. So basically anything to help make me less annoying during gameplay, and if your experienced let me hang with you during a match or two, I'll catch on quick. I bought the Battlefield 2 Deluxe edition (Battlefield 2 and Special Forces). I haven't made a gamer id yet, but I'll get to it eventually.

Re: help a noob?

Tips & Tricks

Comment

OK...

When I was a noob, I used ironsights on my gun (right click). This helps you to grasp a feel for its recoil and other behaviour while boosting accuracy at the same time. When you are ready, try it without the sight.

DO NOT learn how to fly in multiplayer. Also do not fill Blackhawks up and then bail out without warning your teammates. If you say "bail out" a few good times, bail and then they crash its their problem.

When playing Special Forces, if you use a grapple hook or zipline, you can pick it back up with "G".

The co-pilots seat of the Su-34, F-15 or Su-30 is there for a reason. Its not so you can just fly around and watch. Right click while in it and use the laser guided missiles. These lock onto vehicles.

The gunner of an attack chopper has more than just a chain gun. Right clicking as gunner will take you to "TV Missile" mode. Do not expect these missiles to fly themselves. Click where you want to launch them. Also, while in flight, click again to guide them.

If you ask for a repair in the tank and a teammate is running towards you DON'T BACK UP OVER THEM. Instead stop and wait.

If a tank comes to a stop at your feet and an engineer is repairing it DON'T TAKE IT!

If you are a gunner in a tank and the driver hops out for a few seconds DON'T TAKE IT!

DON'T TEAMKILL PEOPLE

There that should help you somewhat.

Comment

yeh i agree with the above and wen starting go on maps that are bigger and were you arent going to be thrown into hell straight away.

Comment

if you've got xfire add me sars99 you can tag along for a while if you want to get a general feel for things

basically, learn some of the harder thigs offline, like flying mainly. get used aslo to the comma rose (hold Q, or if in a squad T brings upp more options)

when your gunning in a chopper, spot things so you pilot who hasn't got as good a view as you knows the enme chopper is to the right and can line you up... also if your not the best gunner, let people with the same tags use the chopper they will be more effective

watch where your driving and running, nothing annoys me nore when driving a god knows how big tank and some infantry runs infront i cant possibly stop in time, then i get a punish for something that is in no way my fault. same applies with drving in buggies etc

learn to maps and also what tactics are good, for example karkand its good as USMC to go for the suburb on 32 and 64 player size maps. stick close to your squad leader (but dont hug him, coz then one nade and your both out) also if medic try to revive your SL first, that way people that you fail to med can just spawn on him

^^ hope some of that helps

Comment

Working...
          X