Would You Buy PR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Buy PR?

If Pr was a game like BF2 would u buy it name a price, I know the nice thing about PT is taht it rocks and is free but if u had too?

$50

Re: Would You Buy PR?

hell yeah!
    EDIT: i WONT dl it again it takes to friggin long
    i would pay £30 for it

Comment

well i said no since I dont like it

Comment

I liked the mod, however, its a mod. If BF2 came this way then yeah I would buy it because its worth it.

2142 is a mod of BF2, but I didnt buy that because it sucked

SF was a mod, but I bought it and still enjoy it. I love those grapple hooks and ziplines lol.

Comment

its a great mod and everything, but no, i wouldnt pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected
            its a great mod and everything, but no, i wouldnt pay for it.
            what he said

Comment

I would. It's what BF2 should have been to begin with. If it was, half the retards on this forum would have stayed away.

Comment

Yeah I would buy it, screw BF2142 and its futuristic craps. This mod rocks.

Comment

I think the difference is that PR doesn't have professional developers, unlike SF for example. SF is very good IMO, overall quality is much better than vanilla and it does work very well and is very playable. If we had to pay for PR it should at least have a decent goal, not just a "mod which promotes teamwork". Every patch changes things and nothing seems final, no-one would know whether they like it tomorrow or not.

But if it'd be a "tactical shooter which gives a **** about absolute realism (this is a game you know, nothing is real), but promotes groupwork and tactics being as realistic necessary, while concentrating mostly on infantry (because without working infantry and good weapon physics a game is nothing)", I'd probably be ready to pay for it. Basically simple, but further you go the more you learn and squad tactics is everything.

Currently IMO PR is very good for a mod. However, looks like PR is just try to create an ultimate combat simulation, just like OFP. Instead they should concentrate on what BF engine is good at, and that is infantry and tanks. Not tank simulation, but rather tank vs infantry simulation. 2142 is just waiting for a killer mod which would basically be BF moved into CS environment, simple, playable, includes tanks and helicopter, has goals rather than flags and so on. Unfortunately no one is crazy enough to mod another DiCE game. PR's weak points are too big maps, not enough squad vs squad combat... B2 was an entire battlefield shrunk into a small playable package (unlike OFP for example). Now PR is going to supersize the battlefield leaving game intact. Too bad an aircraft carrier and a infantry battlefield will never fit in the same battlefield in reality, nor will two opposing army main bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. AAK625
                    I would. It's what BF2 should have been to begin with. If it was, half the retards on this forum would have stayed away.
                    Hey.....you talking to me?:box:

Comment

it would def depend on the content and a lot of work would need to be done, so atm, no, but maybe some time in the future if 1.0 comes out

Comment

If all the major bugs were ironed out AND it was sent/given/purchased on a DVD, yeah. Downloading 1.6 gig is nasty business after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherni_95
                          Hey.....you talking to me?:box:
                          Cherni your as retarded as a drunken rabbit.

Comment

I don't think there's going to be a Project Reality Mod in Battlefield 2 because of all the modern buildings you have to create.

Comment

Let me see version 1.0 of PR and then I'll tell you... but if these releases are any indication of the final product, then I would probably say yes. I'd buy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X