patching problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patching problem

hey guys did a search and couldnt find anything regarding my problem....

Anyways, I just had a fresh install of Windows XP Home Edition. I got all the drivers for video and audio and everything else installed. I installed Battlefield 2 after that and was able to play on single player and some multiplayer servers. Now I tried updating it with the latest patch, version 1.41 full patch and the install doesnt seem to want to finish. During the process the patch just runs in the background for a couple mins ( i see it running in the task manager), and then the patch window comes...makes my pc really slow while its trying to start the patch. It took about 20 mins to get to 8% of the patch install. Doesn't seem normal since when I update last year it was pretty quick.

I tried starting battlefield after that and it just gave me a lighting.fx error...I have no clue what it means. Could it be the install didnt go through? Or do I need a certain driver version for my video card?

My PC Specs are:
    -Windows XP Home Edition with SP2 ( just updated it)
    -AMD 3500+
    -Corsair 2GB XMS
    -XFX Geforce 7800GT (Driver version 91.47)
    -Creative Audigy ZS

In addition, I have Norton Internet Security 2007 in my system off and all the other programs disabled during the patching and still no luck.Thanks in advance all...

Re: patching problem

It means the patch didn't take. Download the patch from another resource (like the home page of TotalBF2) and try again. Don't mess with the computer while the patching is going on. You can also try installing the patch while in safe mode.

If this doesn't work, I would suggest a complete EA uninstall of the game (on their support site, they have a step by step of how to do this) and then a complete reinstall.

Best of luck,

Simon

Comment

Re: patching problem

Thank you so much Simon, I left it over nite since it took forever for the patch but no luck....I downloaded a new one and installed it, took 3 hours to finish! ugh...anyways it installed and now its up an running. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X