Buying Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Servers

hey, my cousin and i were thinking about buying a server to practice and rank up without cheaters but we were wondering if we do buy one how many people do we have to have in that game before ranks start counting, i have seen many servers only have 2 and they were getting points for rank. any way we have 5 people to play but i was wondering whats the max you need if you buy a server or if you even have the choice of how many before game starts.

Re: Buying Servers

1 Person can buy a server, if cost is no problem.
    The server can be 16-64 player sized, your choice (and financial limit)
    The server cannot be password protected if it's ranked (Clarify, pretty sure its certain)
    The server must follow the BFROE (Link at top of page)
    By ranking up, I'm getting a strong feeling you mean statspad... And that would be looked down upon/reported as a bad server and you will get the IP adress revoked, unless you let others the chance to come into the server, all be it if they want to come or not, you will not be able to do this.

Practice = You can buy an Unranked for not much money these days, good for practice.
    Ranking up = Can only done on public online servers, no password and certainly no "rank farming" via password protection

All I can reccomend is create your server, advertise it a little and maybe get some people on it and learn like the rest of the world did: hard work

Sorry for turning it into a mini-rant... We've worked for our ranks and skill, so no offense but we don't want a group of people appearing and farming thier "skill" to get thier ranks...

Basically you can do what you want, aslong as it's inline with the ROE and it's not password protected...

Also try and keep a good admin on it, servers with no admins usually end up in havoc or kick/mutiny vote spam.

Comment

thats not what i meant and i earned my rank to but thanks for the info

Comment

You would be better off joining a clan and having some fun playing on clan servers. It can get pretty intense and everyone has a good time. Not to mention multiple people can pitch in to pay the bills and keep the server full.

Comment

Clan....hmmmm how about gaming community

But I agree with you topdogger
          besides that it can very hard to fill a server

Comment

If "you and your cousin" want to "practice" on an empty ranked server, then whatever you do it's called statpad. Even if you don't on purpose start knifing eachother, the fact that you are 2 players on an empty ranked server and somewhat co-operating would be called statpadding.

Comment

ZOMG too mush text...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
                If "you and your cousin" want to "practice" on an empty ranked server, then whatever you do it's called statpad. Even if you don't on purpose start knifing eachother, the fact that you are 2 players on an empty ranked server and somewhat co-operating would be called statpadding.
                The guy was asking the minimum amount of people needed to start a game....i cant remember...i know it was lowered in the last patch...probably something like 5 for a 16 person server....FYI you cant stat pad on an empty server with 2 people, you need a minimum before the round starts

Comment

If your asking how many players it takes to start a round then its this. >>>
                  Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round on ranked servers. The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 8 and 8 respectively.

Thats taken from the 1.41 patch fix list.

Comment

mmm better off joining random dead servers for "practice".

and i have to agree with skaar on his comment, when i read your post i was under and still am under the impression that you plan and will statpush.

maybe try a better selection of words next time, certianly "rank up" is not a good combination. not to mention when you tell us you have 5 ppl to come in too lol. silly goose.

but uhh none the less, go right ahead and buy a server. i'll be in yours out of the 2000+ i always see... good luck

Comment

thats what i wanted to know i dont stat pad geez its a game lol not that serious of a thing. I was just curious on how many people it took to start a ranked game im not buying a server for only 2 people to play and no rank points added, chill out guys lol i earn my points even if it takes me years, as i did when i was in the military.

Comment

Working...
                      X