Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with installation of map editor.. On Vista..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with installation of map editor.. On Vista..

According to the FAQ the Map Editor should be available here: http://www.ea.com/official/battlefie.../downloads.jsp But its not there anymore.

Anyway, I downloaded it from other sources, but only the 1.3 verison, does this mean it will not be compatible with the BF2 1.41 patch? And also it claims to only support Windows XP, so does this mean it won't worky on my horribly new Vista? It refuses to install, is there any way to get around this?

Re: Help with installation of map editor.. On Vista..

Originally posted by BlueStunt
    According to the FAQ the Map Editor should be available here: http://www.ea.com/official/battlefie.../downloads.jsp But its not there anymore.

Anyway, I downloaded it from other sources, but only the 1.3 verison, does this mean it will not be compatible with the BF2 1.41 patch? And also it claims to only support Windows XP, so does this mean it won't worky on my horribly new Vista? It refuses to install, is there any way to get around this?
    ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc...etup_aug02.exe

Rigth click on it, propeteries or whatever its called, and set it to something like "Mode for Windows XP"

Comment

Originally posted by Deleted_screen
      ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc...etup_aug02.exe

Rigth click on it, propeteries or whatever its called, and set it to something like "Mode for Windows XP"

Thanks, and are the v1.3 editor maps compatible with the v1.41 patch? I'm guessing so but want to check anyway before I waste many an hour.

Comment

Thanks, and are the v1.3 editor maps compatible with the v1.41 patch? I'm guessing so but want to check anyway before I waste many an hour.

There should be files so you can open up levels.
        Originally posted by [TUF]Catbox

here are all the spawnpoints for the vanilla BF2 maps... Just d/l and copy and paste the Karkand gameplayobjects.con and layers.con
        into the editor folder of the Karkand map your working on... Make a backup of your Karkand before you alter it though... so you can play online later without getting a modified content error... and rename Karkand in the editor by choosing...save as and nameing it whatever

Comment

Should be. The main reason I think they called it v1.3 was because it supported the new co-op mode added in BF2 v1.3 which requires changes to the map files. I think there were only 2 previous versions: the initial release that Deleted_screen linked to and the January '06 release that added SP map support.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
            Should be. The main reason I think they called it v1.3 was because it supported the new co-op mode added in BF2 v1.3 which requires changes to the map files. I think there were only 2 previous versions: the initial release that Deleted_screen linked to and the January '06 release that added SP map support.
            So there is a new one?
            lol, So that's why it doesn't want to work!

Comment

Originally posted by Deleted_screen
              So there is a new one?
              lol, So that's why it doesn't want to work!
              v1.3 is the latest version. No major new features were added in later patches that require a new editor.

Comment

Working...
              X