** Voip Help **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** Voip Help **

Hello Everyone Iam new to the forum. I have been playing BF2 for about 8 months now and never once haveI EVER heard someone talk in game. Even when I am in a squad or i am commander. I put the voip activate button to "B" and try to talk and nothing. I make sure that voip is enabled in my options but still di*k all. Do I need software or what??? Plz help!!! Thanx!

Re: ** Voip Help **

make sure it is plugged in right and test out your mic first using MS sound recorder foun in start/ all programs/accesories/entertainment. Try and see if you can record sometthing there if you can and its not working in game all i can say is check your VOIP button,

If none of those works its probably a sound card issue or some other technical issue i cant help you with.

Comment

Go to Start---Run----type in dxdiag----go to the sound 1 tab ---- Move the slider under Hardware Sound acceleration level to "Basic Acceleration"

Comment

B is default for Squad communication (squad member to squad member).
        V is default for Commander communication (commander to squad leader, and squad leader to commander).

What I did is boost the mic level in the Options > Audio menu. I click the boost and turn it up to 100%. Sure it sounds crazy, but you can adjust the level by moving the mic... assuming you have a headset type mic.

Comment

Thanx guys! REP for all or can i give rep?

when I press the test thing for my mic it dosnt do anything. I play dods and use mic all the time so its not my mic

Comment

Do you have a USB Mic and headset or do you plug directly into your sound card? Many have found that the USB headsets are not working well with BF2 VOIP. I have two Plantronics Headsets, one USB and one with audi jacks. The USB does not work very well with BF2. USB headsets are also known to cause some lag in the game itself as they require the MoBo to process audio rather than the audi card. This also applies to a separate audio card versus onboard audio. When using a separate audio card, you are releiving the MoBo of the audio processing task and freeing up resources for other tasks!

Comment

This worked for me.

1. Click Start | Control Panel | Sound, Speech, and Audio Devices | Sounds and Audio Devices.

2. Under the Audio tab, in the area labeled Sound recording, ensure that your headset is selected as the Preferred Device.

3. At the bottom of this window make sure that the "use only preferred device" box is checked.

Comment

Working...
              X