right is this a good setup for the money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: right is this a good setup for the money

yeah i no my computer at the moment is shocking!!!!!
    as soon as i get a bit more money i will get it

Comment

Originally posted by cloaker
      So you would rather to buy from AMD than to get better performance from Intel.

Seriously, if you care about performance you will make the right choise and go with Intel's Core 2 Duo.

Edit: the E6300 is just as good as the AMD X2 5000
      for a gaming computer theres going to be no noticeable difference between a 4400-5200 or intels 6300-6600. paired with a good gpu and 2gb of ram. you'll see benchmarks of both amd and intel getting over 100fps in different games but whats the point if you will never see it. LCD monitors will only ever show 75fps and CRT's will max at 100 there were a couple crt's that did 120.

I play on a x2 3800 oc'd to 2.7ghz and x1800xt 2gb ram run bf2 all high x4 AA 1280x1024. Average 80 fps in regular servers and 100fps in Infantry only servers. games load in about 30 seconds.

If your a gamer and on a budget go amd. The prices on amd hardware is insanely cheap and you will not notice a difference in gaming. If you do the multimedia editing, or like to benchmark for e-peen purposes thing, go c2d this is where you'll see the big difference.

There is no "better" performance when it comes to gaming on a rig of my specs and a rig that I helped build like this one.

e6300 oc'd to 3.2ghz
      Gigabyte ds3
      2gb ddr2 800 g.skill
      x1800xt same card as mine
      74gb raptor

me and the guy i built it for have tested load times, fps rates and the such over vent and the difference is his loads a second faster on bf2 (probably due to the fact he's running a raptor vs. my barracude 7200.10), fps rates are the same.

Comment

All C2D's can be considered faster than any AMD at the moment. I'm running E4300 AB9 combo @ 3.6Ghz. That's faster than any processor on the market.

E4300 150€
        2Gb Teamgroup Elite 125€
        AB9 120€

SuperPi 1M Sub 15 <3 !!!!11!!1

Comment

Intel is NOT double the price if you comapre versions that perform the same.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySeven
            All C2D's can be considered faster than any AMD at the moment. I'm running E4300 AB9 combo @ 3.6Ghz. That's faster than any processor on the market.

E4300 150€
            2Gb Teamgroup Elite 125€
            AB9 120€

SuperPi 1M Sub 15 <3 !!!!11!!1

Absolutely, and i never said anything different. But the point is that you have to look at the equivelant price range to see the difference, everybody is on the Intel bandwagon at the moment and why not?

But the fact remains, unless you put the price up a little and either overclock a low end CSD with an expensive motherboard or pay more for a better one, the x2 5000 is still better than the 6300. It can overclock competetively and on a motherboard that costs half as much.

Comment

yeah like they say on some conparesent websites there like the same speed

Comment

Working...
              X