Air2Air missles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air2Air missles

Ok, I was wondering if anyone had problems shooting other Jets or helis. or maybe its just me and I suck. Well Im not that good at shooting other jets down, but im pretty good at flying. here my problem.

I would lock on and shoot an enemy heli with like 4 of my missles, most times they would drop flares, but in some cases they dont becaseu i catcht hem off guard. Then after I fire 4 missles to a heli that DOESNT drop flares, the missles COMPLETEly misses the heli. I wish I knew how use battlerecorder because it was unreal.

The missles headed right for the heli, go to like 5 meters infront of the heli then takes a hard right or left away from heli, missing it completely.

Ive also fought a J-10 in Dailant plant. I would be right behind the J-10 and of course the J-10 manuevrs better. But i had about 3 missles like 10 meters from their jet engines, then all of a sudden my missles go off into another direction and kill my team mates jet. WTF?!

Its looks like an invisible force field around enemy planes i shoot at. The missles will follow the jet and then boucne off into another direction.

any ideas of what im doing wrong?

Re: Air2Air missles

Welcome to BF2.

Comment

LOL i was expecting an explaination, but i guess that explains it. ill fraps my dog fights and show you wtf im talking about.

Comment

Itd judt the game not much you can do about except hopping in the bag wagon and bashing DICE

Comment

it just seems weird at first, but they pretty much just dodged the missile. The more you play the more natural it looks. I still remember when i first saw it, it looked so lame.

Comment

i understand what you mean about a jet dodging missles. but realize the missles were like 10 meters from their jet engine. and i got sooo close to hitting the J10, then it went in some crazy direction and killed my team mate plane.

but how can you exalpin a helicopter dodging my 4 missles, when the heli didnt didnt drop any flares OR move at all? it went straight at them, them took a 90 degree away fromt he heli.

Comment

I was playing earlier and i was on the tail of an f35. i got a lock but waited to him to panic and waste his flares. instead, he reversed his engines and the rear engine aimed down. Im guessing the heat from the thrust was pointed away and couldnt be detected. is that it or did i lose lock?

I think you should get a friend, go into a server and have them fly straight and level, fire and see what happens. that might help you see whats going wrong better, maybe try battlerecorder.

Comment

This game wasnt realy meant for dogfighting...but if your very expierienced you can use planes against other planes (F35B vs. J10).

I will win 4 out of 5 dogfight as long as I'm not in an F35B.

If your are in an F35B and get locked on fly to land and bail out! Unless you like deaths.

Oh yeah and out of personal research it is IMPOSSIBLE TO EVADE J10 MISSLES!!! While in an F35B

Comment

It is, fly under bridges n stuff

Comment

ummm for taking j10s down i wait until the j10s go in for repairs/ammo and im use the bomb mode as im sitting right behind them and as soon as they slow down to get repairs/ammo i use a couple of missles and then use the machine gun then baserape there on so they dont get up ;P

Comment

for helos i kill em all the time

get use to using your guns rather than missles

Comment

a tip for missles: the "target locked-on" tones and hud graphics you get are client based - meaning you have to think about what the server thinks of your lock status and aim accordingly. Often I am able to fire before (or after, depending on situation) I officially have a lock signal and still see the missles track and kill.

Comment

if your in the f35 stay a ways behinf the other jet...does to things for you. gives you time to react and lets your missles track the jet. Trust me it works but doesnt make sence.

Comment

Originally posted by Elte
                            Ive also fought a J-10 in Dailant plant. I would be right behind the J-10 and of course the J-10 manuevrs better. But i had about 3 missles like 10 meters from their jet engines, then all of a sudden my missles go off into another direction and kill my team mates jet. WTF?!
                            LOL! That was just hilarious! Sorry :laugh:

Comment

i have had a similar experience with my sniper rifle wen close range standing directly behind the target with the M95 aim for the head and ive found that he doesnt die! i meen a head shot at 2m! his brain should be splattered across the wall on the other side of the road! but no. you then have to wip out your knife/pistol and finnish the job real quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X