Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what am I doing wrong Dolphin diving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what am I doing wrong Dolphin diving?

Well once I got the unlocks and figured a few things out I was able to bring my kill ratio back to the happy side after taking an awful beating but still something escapes me.

The dolphin dive.

I see him.
    He sees me.

I think our pings are pretty even.

I hit prone.
    He hits prone.

I get a burst off, hit him once.
    I'm dead.

This is about 80% of the time.

Its like I'm dead by the time they hit the ground.

This is even with very inaccurate guns. Sometimes I can tell the other guy is no better than I am and we both fire a couple of bursts with one of us winning, but there is some trick I'm not getting. I can maintain a ok kill ratio with smart play but head to head I'm just not there yet.

Re: So what am I doing wrong Dolphin diving?

i have found the same issue, but i find it easier to simply be prone almost all the time.

Comment

there is a delay in the animation, he is probably prone before you are but you see him moving to prone position (but really he is prone and firing already), and dolphin dive is jump then prone in mid air.

Comment

I was surfing around on a bf2-server-homepage and ended up on the forum where they announced why different people was baned from there server.

One of the reason was (I won't tell the exact name) some kind of script making you shot faster?!?!?
        They had like one ban every night with this reason :-(

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
          Watch this or this and you will see how the hit boxes are off.

:edit:
          Firing off a whole clip means that your gun gets increasingly innacurate with each shot. The bullet deviation increases with every successive shot.

Use short bursts or single shot.

Interesting demonstrations on hit boxes but I don't think they prove your point. This could just as well be a lag between what's displayed and what the computer is calculating internally as position. It may be different for different computer speeds and video cards. I have some knowledge about these things but I'm guessing about how bf2 works in this regard. For prone or stationary players it says nothing about how hit boxes are off.

As to your comment about firing off a whole clip: At longer ranges you have a good point but I always fire in shorter bursts either manually or by selection if the weapon I use has that option. I was referring to only those cases where I was within a short range of the other player and received hit marks for the duration of the entire clip.

I've never found where single shot was very helpful unless I was low on ammunition without the possibility of resupply.

Comment

Funny how several replies have been deleted. What's going on mods?

Comment

I dunno, the server was acting up earlier...

My entire quoted post is gone, lol.

:edit:
              I also had another post about bullet deviation and cone of fire really making it a roll of the dice as to who gets killed.

Comment

yeah why was my post deleted? This is what it was:

Maybe try jumping to the side then going prone if it is a 1vs1. Chances are the roll animation will occur and it will make your player model difficult to hit.

If there is more then 1 enemy around that you are against. I find it better to use cover (when possible) and strafe, left or right and spam at their neck/head.

Comment

That's quite interesting, I'll check it out .

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan
                    Funny how several replies have been deleted. What's going on mods?
                    ive had a thread and 4 or 5 posts deleted today. im wondering the same.

Comment

This site is behaving like bf2 today, so many bugs. Post deleted, display changing...lol

Comment

Originally posted by SunChaser
                        I was surfing around on a bf2-server-homepage and ended up on the forum where they announced why different people was baned from there server.

One of the reason was (I won't tell the exact name) some kind of script making you shot faster?!?!?
                        They had like one ban every night with this reason :-(
                        There is no script to increase players reaction. There is an autofire macro, even an autofire macro with anti-recoil, but banning someone because they "think" someone is using one is gay, and exhibits the ultimate weakness in character. There is no way to tell if someone is using one, even though people think they can, and like to use their preception as an excuse for them sucking.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Molar
                          Well once I got the unlocks and figured a few things out I was able to bring my kill ratio back to the happy side after taking an awful beating but still something escapes me.

The dolphin dive.

I see him.
                          He sees me.

I think our pings are pretty even.

I hit prone.
                          He hits prone.

I get a burst off, hit him once.
                          I'm dead.

This is about 80% of the time.

Its like I'm dead by the time they hit the ground.

This is even with very inaccurate guns. Sometimes I can tell the other guy is no better than I am and we both fire a couple of bursts with one of us winning, but there is some trick I'm not getting. I can maintain a ok kill ratio with smart play but head to head I'm just not there yet.
                          It's best not to be in that situation. All your opponent needs is a good gaming mouse and high resolution gfx and lower ping than you to zero his sight between your eyes and fire in a split second, especially if you do him the favour of lying prone and still! Personally, if I see that I'm going to be in a prone vs prone situation I take on the challenge only if armed with a sniper rifle or the g3 assault rifle which allow that kind of 1 shot kill on a still target. Otherwise I run for cover and get the enemy from the flank/behind if possible.

Comment

Well first I checked out that hitbox lag video.

Yes its true, but the problem is not always true.

I tested with a buddy, we both have very high speed connections and 30 pings to the server.

SOMETIMES shooting right at the guy worked and sometimes shooting behind him worked. I tested it today in live matches and had the same result. I had a one shot head shot where my aim was poor and I was CLEARLY well off to his right as he moved left, and another clear case while sniping. I see less of this issue with SF but its still there. I do find it odd that I am 2* as good a player when I play SF over BF2.

As for the dolphin thing I'm still missing 'something'. I don't think its aim, its more likely on when I plan the dive and where I fire exactly.

Comment

Donno why you miss...!

Comment

Working...
                              X