This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank Discrimination and You

I was playing on the USHF Wake Island server with my primary account. The round starts, I jump in the Cobra and take off solo. There were 16-18 people on the server at the time, so no one was jumping in the gunner seat. I head off, TV a tank on the north point, catch the Chinese chopper over the middle and TV it, then TV a tank moving past North Base.

Then I see the happy little 'Banned for Soloing' message and get booted.

Now, I have soloed many times on this same server without a problem, even when there were more people on, using my much lower ranked alternate account. Granted, the first 4 people I TV were USHF members and maybe the dearth of people on the server actually singled me out for the ban, but I cant help but speculate that I was booted because of the rank.

So I ask, does anyone else feel they have been misaligned for having a higher rank? And, yes, lets sidestep the whole 'soloing is evil' discussion.

Re: Rank Discrimination and You

take it up on their forums.

and lets not theirs to many soloing threads around tbh i should really just merge them all into one super soloing thread..

Comment

Yeah, was looking for their forum after it happened. Only way to find them was following the server image hyperlink from GameMonitor. It led to a hunting forum, which had no BF2 subforum.

I dont have a real big problem with the server itself. There are plenty of other Wake servers. I just thought the circumstances were curious. Its my first ban in almost 900 hours of play.

Comment

where have all the replies gone?

Comment

Lol, censor

Comment

Where the Hell did my reply go? That's not cool... seriously. Either get new admins/mods or change web providers because this is unacceptable.

Comment

Amazing....

Comment

This forum was headed down the gurgler anyway.....

Comment

Seriously though, I think the forum is just having issues. It was displaying weirdly for me earlier, and now it says that all the forums are locked? They probably got hacked or something got messed up. I doubt the mods would have removed those posts, they weren't offensive or anything.

I guess this could be construed as trivializing racial discrimination and maybe somebody complained.... But that's kind of ridiculous and probably didn't happen

Don't get your panties in a bunch and start talking about forums going down the gurgler , probably just an honest mistake, accident, or a hacker or something.

Comment

Then again, maybe the restored just before Almanac posted his little crack about people 33 years old being sad if they are gaming.

Comment

Ah, well, we had the beginnings of a good discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by 1con
                        Ah, well, we had the beginnings of a good discussion.
                        And flames! :laugh:

But, to add back my thoughts:

I feel there should be more servers that are designated Enlisted or Officer Club sometimes. I know it is bad to say that, and I see both sides of the argument, but I can't think of how many times I have been on a server stacked with officers on one side and enlisted on the other. It is horrible and it is no fun if you jump over to the enlisted team to help either, because there are only a handful of guys that are really willing to fight back hard. Because you have to give 125% effort to fight a stacked officer team.

I used to get called a hacker a lot more when I was a First Sergeant. Now, people just chalk it up to Time in Game.

It would be very, very nice if there was a Server Configuration tool that would allow parity on the teams based on Total Global Points. I recall when I was in High School and you had to pick teams. The way it would happen, First Team Captain gets 1st pick and Second Team Captain get 2nd and 3rd picks, then First Team gets 4th pick.

If you used that system in BF2, where each team automatically divids senior players based on global points...it would take a little intial overhead, but I think a simple algerithim could do it in a second.

Comment

Im guessing from your post that noone wanted to gun for you on the carrier at the start of the roundd? thats strange. even with 8 people on your team

Comment

I know how you feel.

A friend and I were just piloting the Cobra for a couple rounds in a 24/7 Dalian. We were getting raped on the carrier and according to server admins, base raping uncappable bases was totally legal. So after 30 minutes of non-stop raping their base. We were both banned for name violations. Guess they couldn't handle their own rules.

I don't know if that qualifies. But it sure feels like it.

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                              Im guessing from your post that noone wanted to gun for you on the carrier at the start of the roundd? thats strange. even with 8 people on your team
                              Nope. I even had some guy stand right by the chopper while I held it down. After waiting for 5-10 seconds, I went ahead and left. I wasnt going to force him in.

Comment

Working...
                              X