• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is this normal??

Originally posted by Sniper1432
    is this normal??

course it is

I get turned on whenever i insert bf2 CD when i take it out bam soft.

THERE WILL BE NO FOLLOW UP POST ON THAT COMMENT PERIOD

but yes stuff happens like that ive seen people die from c4 while hopping and whoaaa they just never came down.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
      no. if you imagine yourself jumping up and being hit by a 50.cal sniper, your body (w/o the head) would be flying that distance and more. trust me.
      You watch too much TV. You would see no movement of the body and very little head action. "trust me". Some of you guys watch way too much special effect on TV or in the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by fps.sledge
        What demonstrations were you watching? The ones I've seen shows guys body's blown in half. More like 3 or 4 feet in the air. Nothing significant. I would expect that much.
        the guy talking about the real physics is right... you dont fly 3 or 4 feet if you get hit by a .50 cal. it will rip you apart and then the pieces of your torso will fall to the ground around your feet. newtons law (dont remember which one... 3?), equal and opposite reaction. the energy in speeding bullet comes from the explosion in the gun. an equal amount of force acts on the bullet and the gun. the mass of the gun+person are far more than that of the bullet. A=F/M. Acceleration equals force divided by mass. the same force is applied to both the bullet and the gun+person but the acceleration is much greater on the bullet because of the much smaller mass. The bullet looses some of its energy through wind resistance, and what is left is transfered to the target (unless the bullet breaks, that takes a lot of energy). Therefore, the energy transfered to the target (similar mass to the sniper) is less than or equal to the recoil (acting on the sniper) when the gun was fired. If the target flies 4 feet in the air, then so would the sniper... obviously that doesn't happen.

Comment

Why even argue with me? You won't tell me that what I saw was fake. You are wrong. Despite all your physics and calculations. I'm sorry. But I know what I saw.

With all due respect, though, I understand what you're saying. So I can see why you would think that. I respect your opinion, however it doesn't change much.

One thing I will take the time to pick at, the amount of energy push back on the shooter of a .50 cal rifle, is actually compensated by the (what else, a ) compensator at the end of the rifle. Those rifles have much anti-recoil systems built in. Bolt action rifles even less, and I've seen videos of guys shooting those, and if it weren't for their proper stance, and leaning every bit of weight into the rifle, they would probably be blown on the ground.

Comment

Yes in BF2 you can be blown back in certain situations.

But in real life you can't fly that far from any hand held weapon. The energy that hits the target is equivalent to the amount of "kick back" to the shooter. Subtracting the shock absorption mechanisms of the weapon provides.

If a shotgun will knock you to the ground if your not prepared for it's kick it could knock a person to the ground also, It can't blow them 10 feet, since the weapon itself no matter how poorly fired can't produce that effect on the shooter.

It's beyond the laws of physics to cause this type of "flying". Even being blown out a window in the movies by a hand gun is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by disfigured
              Yes in BF2 you can be blown back in certain situations.

But in real life you can't fly that far from any hand held weapon. The energy that hits the target is equivalent to the amount of "kick back" to the shooter. Subtracting the shock absorption mechanisms of the weapon provides.

If a shotgun will knock you to the ground if your not prepared for it's kick it could knock a person to the ground also, It can't blow them 10 feet, since the weapon itself no matter how poorly fired can't produce that effect on the shooter.

It's beyond the laws of physics to cause this type of "flying". Even being blown out a window in the movies by a hand gun is impossible.
              i think a demonstration with an RPG will change your opinion

Comment

yeh that happens alot but na it wouldnt happen in real life it would move you a bit but come on you do if your in mid air and you get a 50. cal round poundin the brains out of you.

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411
                  i think a demonstration with an RPG will change your opinion
                  Thats because a RPG in Recoiless. If it had a recoil trust me, you would fly back about 10 feet. Have you ever seen a Back Blast area when a recoiless weapon is fired? It shoots a flame back between 10 to 25 feet depending on the weapon.

I have seen head shots in real life with a .50cal the bodies drop. The don't fly they dont move, they just drop, headless of course.

Go to Military.com and look through thevidoes. You will see the efect a Apache chain gun has on people getting hit. They dont fly back the come apart and drop.

Comment

Never had it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BFROE|ABN_RGR
                      Thats because a RPG in Recoiless. If it had a recoil trust me, you would fly back about 10 feet. Have you ever seen a Back Blast area when a recoiless weapon is fired? It shoots a flame back between 10 to 25 feet depending on the weapon.

I have seen head shots in real life with a .50cal the bodies drop. The don't fly they dont move, they just drop, headless of course.

Go to Military.com and look through thevidoes. You will see the efect a Apache chain gun has on people getting hit. They dont fly back the come apart and drop.
                      err, we're talking about the person being hit with the round not whos firing it. he said you wouldnt go back 10 feet if hit with anything hand held, if he gets hit by an RPG hes hardly gonna just slump to the floor. or maybe bits of him will fly the 10 feet
                      oh and are you some war enthusiast or something? why the hell would we wanna go and watch videos of people being ripped to shreds by a mini gun?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                        sometimes i see corpses half in the ground.....and when i get near them, they pop out of the ground about 10 feet then disapear.....

yea that happens to me alot more than i would like it to. one time, some1 died in a bush that way, i walked near the bush and a body came flying out at me. i litterally $hat myself

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411
                          err, we're talking about the person being hit with the round not whos firing it. he said you wouldnt go back 10 feet if hit with anything hand held, if he gets hit by an RPG hes hardly gonna just slump to the floor. or maybe bits of him will fly the 10 feet
                          oh and are you some war enthusiast or something? why the hell would we wanna go and watch videos of people being ripped to shreds by a mini gun?
                          The discussion was about kinetics and how Newtons laws reflect on the person firing the weapon as well as the person hit. Go back and reread the post you replied to.
                          There is a big difference in the effect that a piercing projectile will have as opposed to an explosive round. The person that flies 10 feet from a RPG was thrown by the explosion not by the impact of the round. Fact, people have been hit by RPG rounds that did not exploded and did not get thrown back. They rond pierced the body killing the person, but the impact was obsorbed by the body.

No I am not a war enthusiast, I am a Veteran that is proud of the steps the US Military have taken to safe gaurd US Liberty.

Comment

Working...
                          X