freeze hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: freeze hack

it happend to me several times... i DONT think this is hack ...
    but i must say it really pissis me off.. cus it happens everytime i am about to shoot a guy and **** freeze and i die <_< but i dont care i just spawn and find that bastard and shoot him with shotgun in the face ;D
    so NOT a HACK just some system error

Comment

ive always thought that too....

i'll encounter an enemy.....everything freezes.....then it goes away and im dead....always seems like when i encounter the same enemy this happens....only AFTER the other guy sees me....

i thought there was some kinda hack/cheat/program that would lag other players, leaving them vulnerable.....i also wonder if there is one that can kinda boot someone from a server, or cause them to CTD....

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsport
        It's a bug, and I've only ever known it when I've been commander the previous round. You can spawn, be killed and for some reason there is no fog on the map. You can however not move. The only way round it is to re connect, or become commander again, then enter the commander screen then leave.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

that's exactly what i wanted to hear

you see, when i was stuck at the screen, i saw in the chat the commander of the other team (who was also an admin for the server) saying "you will be banned soon". i didn't know if it was directed at the hacker, or was at me, since my screen had no fog.

now this brings up another question. is it possible for me to be pb-screenshot banned because of this kind of glitch side effect?

btw, a pb ticket was created yesterday informing pb about this

Comment

This has happened to me quite a few times = /

Comment

Very weird it has never ever happened to me before

Comment

Originally posted by lamah
              THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

that's exactly what i wanted to hear

you see, when i was stuck at the screen, i saw in the chat the commander of the other team (who was also an admin for the server) saying "you will be banned soon". i didn't know if it was directed at the hacker, or was at me, since my screen had no fog.

now this brings up another question. is it possible for me to be pb-screenshot banned because of this kind of glitch side effect?

btw, a pb ticket was created yesterday informing pb about this
              It has nothing to do with being commander...

It's just a bug and the only fix is to leave and reconnect or join a different server. Death and suicide do not change things. Switching teams does not fix it... we went over it earlier.

If it is a hack, then it's a private hack and PB won't be able to stop it every time. It'd just be certain people who use it constantly. Plus... why would someone target just you?

Don't be so conceited.

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
                It has nothing to do with being commander...

It's just a bug and the only fix is to leave and reconnect or join a different server. Death and suicide do not change things. Switching teams does not fix it... we went over it earlier.

If it is a hack, then it's a private hack and PB won't be able to stop it every time. It'd just be certain people who use it constantly. Plus... why would someone target just you?

Don't be so conceited.
                i no longer think of it as a hack. i am however, concerned if the admin did a pb ss of me. i did a screenshot of myself when it happened and saw no fog. now i don't know how pb ss work exactly, but if his comment was directed at me, then i may still be in trouble.

Comment

Did it really have no fog?

Regardless, BFROE will watch you before passing anything to EA, and PB won't catch you because you've done nothing wrong (i.e. modify files, run 3rd party programs, etc.). I think you are fine.

Then again, I care nothing about stats. I still think you have nothing to worry about... You didn't play that round (I'm assuming you didn't sit there the whole game). And it won't/shouldn't happen again (with any regularity). You'll be fine.

Comment

i hope so

i left that game right after i took the screenshot and saw the admin's comment

Comment

Working...
                    X