freeze hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeze hack

have any of you heard or experienced the "freeze" hack?

i heard about it last week, and today actually encountered it

i couldn't move my screen with mouse or keyboard, and it looked like someone else's screen too

update: actually come to think of it, this isn't the first time. before i thought they were random system hiccups. this is the 2nd encounter i had, the first time was some months back

Re: freeze hack

Can you be more specific? I can't tell the difference between what you describe and a simple crash... what makes you think it's someone else's screen, why would it be a hack and how would the potential hacker benefit?

Comment

Haven’t heard of it? Sure its not just lag?

Have been getting occasional annoying lag during firefights recently, but that’s nothing new.

Comment

Well, I don't know what your trying to say, but yesterday my screen did freeze like you described. I died, and when I respawned, I couldnt move at all. If I moved my mouse, the crosshairs would quiver, but wouldnt really move so I couldnt aim. My keyboard didnt let me move, switch guns, shoot, ect, but it wasnt completely non functional because I used [Esc] to exit the game. Just seemed like a bug to me though. Maybe your talking about something different. This was clearely my screen, it didn't look like someone elses at all. I was just kinda frozen there. It happened after I died when I respawned, so thats what made me think it was just a bug.

edit: oh, and the game wasn't frozen. I saw my squad running past me fine. The game continued on normally, but I eventually just logged out and stopped playing.

Comment

Sure an admin didn't just pause it?

Comment

That could be what he was describing, but he mentioned that it "looked like someone elses screen". Thats what Im confused about. If you saw movement, then it was not paused.

Comment

sorry, let me clarify it

it was my screen, but it looked like the graphics settings were changed.

but it was like as shadowmafia described it. i couldn't move with my mouse or keyboard. and ppl were walking by and stuff. i just pressed ESC and left the server

shadowmafia (or whoever it will happen to), next time when it happens, can you take a screenshot and email it to me please?

email: make_7_up_urs_2 )a-t( yahoo.com

Comment

I've seen something similar a while ago. My roommate's old account freezes upon game entry on every server he goes, he was quite an *** online so it makes you think.

Comment

It's not a hack, lol. It's just a bug. It happened to me earlier tonight, and the only thing that fixes it is to leave the server and reconnect, or go to a different one.

I suspect the server stops receiving information from your character, thus no movement or weapon switching. It probably has something to do with autobalance and teamswitching.

Comment

But has this always happened, or is it just starting now?

Comment

I've gotten it where the whole computer freezes (acts like it's going to CTD and just sits there...)

Comment

its a bug
                        everyone in our clan has seen it
                        me - about 5 times in a year

Comment

properly the admin paused it. i do it alot on our server to get peoples attention

Comment

But then you will see the word "Paused" in the middle of the screen!

Comment

It's a bug, and I've only ever known it when I've been commander the previous round. You can spawn, be killed and for some reason there is no fog on the map. You can however not move. The only way round it is to re connect, or become commander again, then enter the commander screen then leave.

Comment

Working...
                              X