Mic Problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic Problems.

Well, I have two mics, one a headset another a desk mic. I use the headset because I like it. However, I have two problems, first is my volume, I tried turning my boost on, and volume all the way up, however, it never seems to work, meaning I have to put my hand in front of my mic so that the vibrations will stay in and around my mic. Any suggestions on how I can turn it up?

Second, I have horrible feedback, meaning I have to turn off ALL volume on my games when I am on Ventrilo/Teamspeak. How can I change it?

Re: Mic Problems.

Which mic are you using? I got very bad volumes with my Icemat Siberia mic, but I found a windows setting which boosted it up.

Comment

Damn .. I dont know the name .. ANy tips on how?

Comment

Does the headset mic ever sound loud with any application? Maybe it's just bad or muffled.

If you swap mics out during play, and your desk mic sounds way louder, it is not a software issue but a hardware one. Give it a test.

Comment

alot of headsets come with a volume adjuster which is on the wire to the headset where u can also mute the mic. did u check that?

Comment

It never sounded loud with ANY application, Simon, they are both the same. (I took the test.)

And Conscript, It's on high.

Comment

What kind of mic's are they USB or the 3.5mm jack?

Comment

Double-click the speaker in your taskbar, if the mics don't appear go into properties. From there you can control the volume of them since sometimes the setting on the actual headset doesn't function correctly.

Comment

Yeah crank the mic settings in Windows! I was having the same problem...my teammates could hear the click that i was using VOIP but they never heard anything i said. I also had boost on in BF2 settings and max gain in game....still no one could hear me. Went to the Windows setting and I was only at 50% so I cranked it to 100% all better now! Hope this helps!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X