Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Binding Hotkeys

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Binding Hotkeys

    Hey guys
    I want my middle mouse button to be a hotkey for spotting enermys, so i looked around and found a link to this
    http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=45491&p=1
    I tried following that but i am just totally confused when it starts going into changing a controls.con file . I dont like messing around with files and i have no idea where to find this file anyway so any help from people who know what to do would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: Binding Hotkeys

    Originally posted by the actual thread
    #3. Controls.con is in My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\000n, with n being the number of your main profile. If your not sure what number to use, open up profile.con and check that it has the correct name you game with.
    You might want to read through the notes.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Binding Hotkeys

      well....thats slighty embarrassing, im sure i read though all that thread. I'm not at my computor now will have to go and check that out later.
      sorry guys

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Binding Hotkeys

        well = the trick is
        MAKE A COPY OF THE FILE FIRST

        then have fun
        I have edited TONS of my control keys for the buttons I use most often

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Binding Hotkeys

          Originally posted by ST3V3985
          well....thats slighty embarrassing, im sure i read though all that thread. I'm not at my computor now will have to go and check that out later.
          sorry guys
          no problem, we are here to help

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Binding Hotkeys

            Hi, im doing somthing wrong here i have gone to mydocument/ea games/battlefield 2/profiles and i only have a "local" folder and a "Settings.con" file but nothing like "000n" which is what i want right?
            Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Binding Hotkeys

              Originally posted by ST3V3985
              Hi, im doing somthing wrong here i have gone to mydocument/ea games/battlefield 2/profiles and i only have a "local" folder

              There is no EA games in My Documents. EA Games is in MY PROGRAMS which is entirely the wrong place to go.

              go to:
              C:\Documents and Settings\owner name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Binding Hotkeys

                Originally posted by the thread AGAIN
                #3. Controls.con is in My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\000n, with n being the number of your main profile. If your not sure what number to use, open up profile.con and check that it has the correct name you game with.
                Read through this carefully, now I have even bolded the things you need to know.
                The number of your main profile is probably 1.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Binding Hotkeys

                  wouldnt this count as being a macro? just want to make sure incase ya might get punished for breaking the rules if it is counted

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Binding Hotkeys

                    Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
                    There is no EA games in My Documents. EA Games is in MY PROGRAMS which is entirely the wrong place to go.

                    go to:
                    C:\Documents and Settings\owner name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\
                    Ahha! thats my problem thanks i'v now got the correct file now
                    thanks

                    o btw what is macro?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Binding Hotkeys

                      a macro is something that binds keys into one to make it easyer for people to do things, think of the old fighter games on playstation where u had ro push 5 different buttons in a certain order to do a masive combo, well a macro will let you do the combo you program with one push of a button making it alot easyer for people that cant get the combo right ... in the BF2 rules doing things like that is cheating as its concidered as making an unfair advantage above other players

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X