This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grammar

this is not bf2 discussion but these are the people that need to read this. i know i'm going to be flamed for this, oh well.

there (location), their (ownership), they're (they are)

please use them correctly, today i saw this written.... "There's (There are) 3 sides to every story, (:) your's (yours), there's (theirs) and the truth!!!"

there's?? belonging to the spot in the corner?

this is one of the better written examples, many of the posts on these forums are impossible to read. please try to write using at least some punctuation and spaces between your words.

Re: grammar

lock comin soon

Comment

Originally posted by Light|Bred.DNM.
      lock comin soon
      I hope not, it would save most of these kids having to go to English 101. Now all he needs to do is teach coma rules and sentence structure.

Comment

whu cears bout howz we wriet

Comment

My corner just baught a house in the Netherlands, it's moving there on Tuesday.

Comment

Written communication on the Internet is pitiful.

Of course, many people simply don't bother with proper punctuation and grammar because they feel understood regardless.

I make it a point to write properly but I won't force others to do the same outside of commenting on specific annoyances like "your/you're" and other differences most people should have mastered by the time they've entered high school.

Oh well.

Comment

hlel, we soluhd all jsut tpye lkie tihs buaecse spivesopluy any hmaun can raed it. wow tihs is fun, i jsut need lneogr wdros to witre, lugah out luod

Comment

rofl u r right bout teh bad grmmer, but tis is the internet btw!!! we use abbrev. all we want! rofl like i just did! also, ppl dont like havin grammar nazis posting on THERE thread, so dnt go postin on any grammar nazi hatin ppls threads. THE GRAMMER NAZIS SHOLD HAV DIED WITH HITLER!

Comment

I try and do my best, which isn't always perfect. But some of the post I see are just plain disgraceful. Not too bad here, worse and better in other forums.

At least make the effort to be somewhat coherent. It makes it so much easier for the reader.

Eventually you people are going to need jobs. Unless your planning on being a laborer, where communication is not essential.

You may say "it's only a forum". But practice makes perfect, and if you continue to use very loose habits when communicating via the written word, those habits can be hard to shed.

I don't preach or comment, unless it comes up as the subject, as in this thread. If you don't know fake it. Get a spell check, it won't help with grammar, but it's a start.

Comment

Don't be a grammar nazi... people online don't know how to type. Just take it as an example of his or her intelligence. Then again, not everyone is a native speaker of English.

Additionally, or worse off, some native speakers are excellent butchers of the language.

Anyway, a rule for the forum says to not be a grammar nazi... I'd (would) consider this that.

Comment

because i cba to type much

-Spelling Nazi’s WILL NOT be tolerated, period! If you have nothing to add to a topic except to point out the spelling deficiencies of other members then do not post, grammar police are not welcome here. However this does not mean you have the given right to post lazily and make it unnecessarily difficult for others to understand your posted messages.

Comment

Working...
                      X