virtual memory crash ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtual memory crash ?

i keep getting this error and game crashes. Never had this problem with BF2 {new to PR}.

Any thoughts ?

Re: virtual memory crash ?

Is your paging file set to 0?

Comment

Total paging file size for all drives = 0 MB

Comment

Originally posted by Indecisi0n
        Total paging file size for all drives = 0 MB
        Well there's your problem.

Change your paging file to something larger.

Comment

For now i set it to let windows manage the memory. What do you think is a decent min/max ? I been reading online and getting a lot of different information.

Comment

For now i set it to let windows manage the memory. What do you think is a decent min/max ? I been reading online and getting a lot of different information.
            I couldn't tell you.

I have mine set at 512, but searching around the web, you'll get a whole bunch of different answers.

Comment

I have mine set at 3069. Let windows manage it.

Comment

Yup, i am leaving it up to windows to manage.

Thanks for replies.

Comment

I was wondering about this very issue the other day, my paging file is currently set at 1536mb, but would i get better performance by making it higher? Is it that simple?

Comment

u wouldnt necessarily get more performance. pagefile is like ram except its on ur harddrive and because its on ur harddrive its actaully really slow and chugs alot and it usually used to store stuff from ur ram that isnt really being used atm. so increasing it may help when u play games that eat up a ton of ram, but if the game memory starts getting put on the page file..then it can get really slow. best solution is to buy alot of ram

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                      u wouldnt necessarily get more performance. pagefile is like ram except its on ur harddrive and because its on ur harddrive its actaully really slow and chugs alot and it usually used to store stuff from ur ram that isnt really being used atm. so increasing it may help when u play games that eat up a ton of ram, but if the game memory starts getting put on the page file..then it can get really slow. best solution is to buy alot of ram
                      Thanks mate, wish i could afford some new Ram atm, im running a laptop so I'm not even sure i can upgrade the thing, so maybe i'll just up my page file and see what happpens!

Comment

Yup, i am leaving it up to windows to manage.

Thanks for replies.
                        A decent guideline is whatever windows gives you + 256-512MB on top. Well, there is no recommended limit, you need to use your common sense for this one.

Comment

The recommended method is 1.5 times your amount of ram.

Comment

sorry, what is pagefile ? and i get lag when playing PR and some times i get this "out of vitual memory" and summin about windows is optimiszing it, even tho i have like 70% of memory left ?

Comment

load up control panel, then click on system, then click on advanced, then click on performance settings, then click on the advanced tab. Virtual memory is at the bottom and you can change it.

Comment

Working...
                              X