The Muttrah meat grinder..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Muttrah meat grinder..

I'd just like to congratulate whoever designed the Muttrah City map in Reality - after nealry 800 hours of BF2/Mods, that map has given me the biggest buzz i've ever had in all my hours. TBH I thought Fallen in POE was the best map ever,(of all the ones i've played) but man, when the conditions are right. eg.. when you're not playing with noobs, but, people who know what their doing? that map is awesome..

As the MEC we had docks, as you know all other flags are no use to the USMC until they get the Docks.. OMFG!! all of the MEC back in that aera and wave after wave of USMC trying to capture it is fantastic!! their trying to get in by Helo, from the town/city aera/ round the back / from Spawn points hid outside around the docks, Boats, you name it.. = MAD BUZZ!! total rush indeed 10/10, and then the same when we were attacking as USMC - though we managed to at least keep the docks as USMC

I've played this map quite a few times and usually it's a nightmare, stupid TK fest on the Essex, helo crashing, bore fest, but this time people playing knew what they were doing, thanks again for a geat gaming experience WOW is all I can say..

Re: The Muttrah meat grinder..

Yeah this is what the mod do to you, I like the one where the British chrage the hill of the Chinese.

Comment

I hate the map where the British charge the hill. WAYYY too easy for the Chinese. We finally got to the top a couple of times, only to be annihilated by artillery. Muttrah is overrated to me. Good map, but not great. I LOVE Mao Valley. Feels like a really war and battlezone. Al Basrah is ok. Qwai River is cool. Mao is the best for me tho.

Comment

Muttrah was probably the staple PR map for a while.

Rhino is the creator, and he posts her fairly often, so be sure to thank him when he does .

Comment

Originally posted by bballplayafors
          I hate the map where the British charge the hill. WAYYY too easy for the Chinese. We finally got to the top a couple of times, only to be annihilated by artillery. Muttrah is overrated to me. Good map, but not great. I LOVE Mao Valley. Feels like a really war and battlezone. Al Basrah is ok. Qwai River is cool. Mao is the best for me tho.
          I also like Mao Valley, but I hate Al Basrah, the USMC always wait for the A10 and they never attack.

Comment

Personally I think that the AASv2 changes to Muttrah have killed it - it's vanilla whack a mole assuming the US actually ever even makes landfall with the increased difficulty of the helicopters
            It needs to return to it's previous incarnation

Comment

I don't like Muttrah much either, too rarely the USMC actually get their asses together and manage to capture the first flag. I think they should have two flags to capture straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by Unfocused
                I don't like Muttrah much either, too rarely the USMC actually get their asses together and manage to capture the first flag. I think they should have two flags to capture straight away.
                That's a proposed change for the upcoming server patch. Muttrah will play *much* differently. Try it out on the Gloryhoundz West server now for a preview of things to come.

Comment

i so like defending docks...i just need marksnman kit

Comment

Unfortunately, if the US dont get that first flag, it makes the game very one sided (unless the MEC side is pants). It's no fun standing around on the carrier fighting over choppers all the while knowing you are flying to your doom anyway.

Comment

hehe, I'm the guy who made muttrah, it was the first offical PR map along with Road to Kynonia ni (i think its called ). I made that map well back now and could do a hell of a lot better job on it if i made it today

but ye, the new server side only patch released today has fixed the AAS order and blancing problems with the map so it should be alot more funner now

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino
                        hehe, I'm the guy who made muttrah, it was the first offical PR map along with Road to Kynonia ni (i think its called ). I made that map well back now and could do a hell of a lot better job on it if i made it today

but ye, the new server side only patch released today has fixed the AAS order and blancing problems with the map so it should be alot more funner now
                        Awesome

Comment

Muttrah and EJOD are probabaly the best maps in PR for teamwork, fun, balance etc.

Comment

IMO, operation ghost train is my fav and ive always found great squads who used VOIP effectively. EJOD is pretty good too for teamwork. Muttrah however lacks something..not sure what it is tho.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                              IMO, operation ghost train is my fav and ive always found great squads who used VOIP effectively. EJOD is pretty good too for teamwork. Muttrah however lacks something..not sure what it is tho.
                              those stupid guys running on the carrier?

Comment

Working...
                              X