This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFOA Semtex-Slim get off your high rocking chair

Warning: If you don't want to read a thread about so-called admin abuse, stop and click your back button.

My friend and I play on the Old Farts of America server frequently and have always had good games there. Today we were on the American team (on Dalian Plant) in the attack chopper and our team had captured most (if not all) of the flags. We see their chopper about to come out of the canyon when my gunner (who I play the game with more often than not) shoots the TV missile, then I did a roll. My gunner takes out the chopper.

Shortly some one said that American choppers are double seating (soloing), which is against the server rules. We knows this and respect that rule. But both of the choppers on our team had 2 players in them.

So my friend gets kicked and banned from the server. No warning, nothing! I asked why he was kicked and an admin said he was soloing. I replied that was impossible because I was his pilot the entire round. And with the greatest logic known to man, he replied "I SAID THAT I SAW HIM DO IT'. What ever he saw, he doesn't know soloing chopper behavior.

He asked me if I wanted to go too? Since my friend couldn't play there, why do I care if I could, so I replied "sure, if these admins are too stupid to admin this server correctly". Shortly I was banned for being a PITA (Pain in the @$$). So I guess telling someone who has the power to ban you from a server that they are incorrect about something is being a pain.

Ironically, someone typed right before I got kicked, "It's difficult to win an argument against who runs the server, trust me on this.". There was no argument to win, the person made a mistake and didn't have the character to admit it.

OK, my venting is over. I don't mean this rant to reflect poorly on the OFOA clan as I never had a problem before in the many times I have played there. But it's directed the Slim and all the other admins that think they are dogmatic in land of BF 2.

I liked the server and it's bums me out that we can't play there. That's another reason to vent. If the server was crap to begin with, I wouldn't bother at all. If you have a similar story, please post. If you are just going to flame, then you only have yourself to blame for not reading the first sentence of this post.

Re: OFOA Semtex-Slim get off your high rocking chair

This is not the section for this and will probably be locked.
    Report servers and abuse at http://www.bfroe.com/

Comment

Yea I started a thread about old farts admin abuse a couple of months back. But anyway, I got banned from their server because of the uncap rule. They were on the PLA and I was on the USMC. Their clan mates started raping the carrier with J10's so I figured hey, maybe today They're in a kill the uncap day. I jumped in an F35 and started owning the $hit out of em at their hangar and not letting em get airborne. So yea needless to say I get banned for feeding em their own medicine. That server is BS and the admins there are definately abusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Light|Bred.DNM.
        This is not the section for this and will probably be locked.
        Report servers and abuse at http://www.bfroe.com/
        If I actually thought the process would work, I would report servers. But does anyone really think that EA cares about their ROE? How hard is it for one of them to verify that a server only allows pistols and knives, then either wipe the players stats and/or close down the server.

Comment

Is it that hard to join a new server?

Comment

Originally posted by Monkmonkman
            Is it that hard to join a new server?
            Yes it is. I mean not being able to use my wheel mouse to scroll through the list and having to figure out if I want to play with no vehicles or on a map 24/7, it's very hard. Can't you respond with something more insightful? I liked the server and servers that have a nice map rotation are harder to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by cwv_Odedge
              Yes it is. I mean not being able to use my wheel mouse to scroll through the list and having to figure out if I want to play with no vehicles or on a map 24/7, it's very hard. Can't you respond with something more insightful? I liked the server and servers that have a nice map rotation are harder to come by.
              no he can't, the only problems that matter to the majority of posters around here is their own problems.

Comment

Originally posted by cwv_Odedge
                If I actually thought the process would work, I would report servers. But does anyone really think that EA cares about their ROE? How hard is it for one of them to verify that a server only allows pistols and knives, then either wipe the players stats and/or close down the server.
                never know

Comment

Working...
                X