Difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference

Can someone explain the difference between vanilla BF2 and POE, I can't find any descriptions on the site? Plus, do the Ukrainians speak Russian or Ukrainian? Thanks

Re: Difference

I guess I'll answer the question. Here is some areas POE differs from vanilla:

- Different armies. UKR and GER are the current playable armies
    - No major CO tools. Artillery, Scan and UAV functions have all been removed. This allows players to move around the battlefield without fear of being magically spotted or negated by an all seeing eye. Stealth plays a big part in this game. You can set up ambushes on armor and incoming players.
    - Deadlier weapons. While POE is not trying to play like PR, the weapons are definitely more accurate and lethal than most of the weapons in vanilla. Very little "cone of fire" junk with these weapons.
    - Kits are tailored to focus them more on their appropriate roles. In poe the medic kit is not the super self healing 'I'm an army of one" kit like it is in vanilla. The assaults will do the major grunt work while the medics have OK guns and limited ammo.
    - No nade spam. The only kit that gets nades is the Spec Ops kit. This definitely improves gameplay.
    - Vastly improved anti air capabilities. Unlike in vanilla the air vehicles will fear the anti air units. Flak guns will tear apart choppers and Mobile AA comes in a variety of flavors and has devistating results.
    - Pickup Kits: Throughout the various maps you will find pickup kits scattered about. Some examples are the Heavy AT kit...the handheld stinger...an anti-material sniper rifle...and a heavy machine gun.
    - Non cookie cutter approach to vehicles and kits. Choppers, air and anti-air is not mirrored per side. Kits themselves do not have similar weapons per side. They will perform differently and have to be played differently based on how the gun operates. Kit to kit the balance will not always seem fair but if you look at the big picture of all the kits the balance will be there.
    - Player controlled Mobile Artillery. CO has no control over this.
    - New games modes. "Frontlines" and "Nuke Objective"
    - Anti Main Base Camping System "Dome of Doom" This is like an out of bounds around the UCBs thats only for the enemy team.
    - Less flag hopping. Almost all POE maps have an appropriate number of flags for each size to concentrate the fighting so flag hopping is not necessary. Defense is essential in this mod and you will see constant action by taking up the task.

Anyway...to learn more see the online manual.

Allez à la découverte des meilleurs jeux de survie à couper le souffle !

p.s. I don't know the answer to the last question. All my voices are set to ENG.

Comment

Working...
    X