Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unranked servers what's the point?

Hey Everyone!

I was wondering about this the other day what's the point of having a unranked server when people only like playing in ranked servers.

Are there popular unranked servers out there?

Re: Unranked servers what's the point?

A lot of times unranked servers run mods or custom maps that cant be ranked.

Comment

matches, scrims, bfpro, etc.

Comment

Thanks GUYS! I didn't know that.

Comment

You can instantly feel the difference as people play unranked servers for some other goals than ranking up. Fun, taking one for the team, teamwork, good company is just one thing you get there. Plus, unranked servers attract more less shallower people so in genereal you get a little more player quality.

Then, a lot of unranked servers mod their maps to alter spawn times, vehicle spawn times, map limits (no red zone, instant awesome backdoor invasion capabilities ).

Comment

I wish ranked servers allowed server side mods that all the unranked servers run, man, I would love pubbing then

Comment

unranked is cool for practice, otherwise ranked FTW.

Comment

maybe you're a really crappy player with a 1:20 kdr and about 50 purple hearts that'll be a point :>

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  You can instantly feel the difference as people play unranked servers for some other goals than ranking up. Fun, taking one for the team, teamwork, good company is just one thing you get there. Plus, unranked servers attract more less shallower people so in genereal you get a little more player quality.

Then, a lot of unranked servers mod their maps to alter spawn times, vehicle spawn times, map limits (no red zone, instant awesome backdoor invasion capabilities ).
                  Right there. What he said.

Originally posted by zone36
                  unranked is cool for practice, otherwise ranked FTW.
                  Stats are only worth what you make them worth. Think of all the other games you played before BF2 came along...no stats right? You still loved those games, though. Stats and ranks mean nothing. Unranked is the way to go. Because pubbing on ranked servers...means playing with incredibly bad people.

I mean, if you wanna be a pubstar all your life...feel free, that's you. I'm talking competitively. You can only get so good on pubs.

Comment

Unranked is much more fun, has a better quality player, and a MUCH more enjoyable experiance.

Comment

ive played battlefield from day one! stats dont mean anything to me i would rather play with a good bunch of guys than play on a ranked server! dont get me wrong its a good feeling when ya get a badge or some other award. but i dont play for them i just play for fun!

Comment

Originally posted by NightLinks
                        Hey Everyone!

I was wondering about this the other day what's the point of having a unranked server when people only like playing in ranked servers.

Are there popular unranked servers out there?

Because many of us play the free mods and care more about gameplay than points.

Comment

I played unracked servers about a year ago. I really enjoyed all the NEW maps. Lot of them kick *** compaired to the normal maps.

Also like wot others have said. Brings in the better player.

Unranked servers gets mythumbs up

Comment

Originally posted by [SMS]PrototypeJC
                            Stats are only worth what you make them worth. Think of all the other games you played before BF2 came along...no stats right? You still loved those games, though.
                            I agree 100% here, however, part of the reason I love BF2 is because of the stats system, which allows me to monitor and gauge my improvements (and failures too) offering another dimension to the gameplay that I enjoy.

Stats and ranks mean nothing.
                            They may have no meaning to you, but they mean something to alot of other BF2 players out there; myself included. Do I obsess over them? Does my world come crashing down when I have a 1:3 K/D at the end of a round? No, I appreciate them for what they are and what they were intended to provide to the game and players.

Unranked is the way to go. Because pubbing on ranked servers...means playing with incredibly bad people. I mean, if you wanna be a pubstar all your life...feel free, that's you. I'm talking competitively. You can only get so good on pubs.
                            You got me 50/50 on this point.

Yes, it is no secret that alot of stat whores and padders play on ranked servers, for the express purpose of farming massive points and ranking up. To that end, it can make the game alot less enjoyable for those players who are there to play honorably.

At the same time, I think those that care about stats on the ranked servers tend to also play smarter; so as not to be killed and keep a decent K/D, while accomplishing the goals of the conquest game mode and/or focusing on the purpose of the kit they are using (i.e. Engineers running around removing mines, repairing vehicles; Spec Ops infiltrating enemy lines to destroy assets, etc)

Just my $0.02

Comment

I personally don't care about my KDR. I look at my score in game to see how good I am doing compared to others, but other than that I don't stay back and try not to get killed so I can save my KDR or score. I play for fun and on ranked servers so I can get a higher rank (so I can be commander when I want) and more weapons. I basically play like anyone would on an unranked server not worried about their score.

Comment

Working...
                              X