1.4 patch will not PATCH!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.4 patch will not PATCH!!!!!!

Ok, I used to play a lot back when bf2 came out but went on a couple month hiatus. Now I have a buddy from work who is playing and I decided to reinstall.

I installed BF2 vanilla, then I installed Special Forces, then I installed Armoured Fury.... Then I patched using BF2_Patch_1.41.exe

The patch completed properly and said it was successful. I restart my computer and go to join a game.... there's 19 servers. If i remove the "same servers only" check from filters theres about 40 servers.... that's it.

I can't join any game he is in because he has a newer version than me...

I've reinstalled twice and am pretty much fed up at this point so I'm looking to this board for help. Current running version is v1.1.2963-795.0

Yes, I've tried reapplying the patch. Any input is greatly appreciated at this point. :cry:

Re: 1.4 patch will not PATCH!!!!!!

'k, I'm going to start with something pretty obvious, so don't get offended:

1) Did you start BF2, or did you start BF2:SF? Because that sounds close to the number of ranked SF servers... If you turn off "same mod only", do you see a few thousand more?

Comment

Re: 1.4 patch will not PATCH!!!!!!

Nah, the problem was that i didnt have the right version of the game. I forgot that I had used a ***** crack with a patched exe. I got the proper .exe from my friend and reapplied the patch and now have no issues.

PEBKAC :laugh:

Comment

Working...
      X